The Big Tuning Thread

The gnasher is absolutely dogshite to me at the moment as well. Inconsistent as hell to the point ya just rage quit to get away from the bullsht. I know the connection is utter crap at the moment for whatever reason though, been like it for weeks.

Gone back onto gears 4 ■■■■■■■ way better

Absolutely sunk this ship after such a great start to OP5

4 Likes

i think it isn’t much different, it is just due to the new speeds as they relate to the gnasher. if you or the opponent could close distance faster before, you would get the chunk. since it is slower now, the 99% increase as we dont hold are shot long enough.

overall, it is very simple and i have a hard time seeing how anyone could disagree:

the previous tuning was like a car that was in great shape. ready for a long road trip.

the new tuning, whether you think is a better car or not, needs to go in for an oil change, new tires and more.

plus, seeing what Cleven said last night, it makes me wonder about so many things regarding the state of the game. i did like Cleven’s overall idea, he definitely understood the playerbase. It was just unfortunate some specifics of those tunings came out the way they did, just like gears 5.

3 Likes

He likes the new tuning, he just as a few tweaks he would like to see. So he doesn’t say he doesn’t like the tuning.

1 Like

Where did he say this?

This tuning is so mind numbing it makes you play like a brain dead zombie
The gnasher is the worst shotgun I’ve seen in a long time

9 Likes

i think it isn’t much different, it is just due to the new speeds as they relate to the gnasher. if you or the opponent could close distance faster before, you would get the chunk. since it is slower now, the 99% increase as we dont hold are shot long enough.

Perhaps it isn’t a good idea to have a video game based around holding your shot until a frame perfect moment in order to a get kill.

seeing what Cleven said last night, it makes me wonder about so many things regarding the state of the game. i did like Cleven’s overall idea, he definitely understood the playerbase. It was just unfortunate some specifics of those tunings came out the way they did, just like gears 5.

If you like Clevens overall ideas, and you think he understood the playerbase — who do you blame for Gow5 launching the way it did? Massive aim assist, more magnetism than than we’ve ever had, 6 shots, reload half your clip, etc. Unless you actually liked Gow5 at launch more than Gow4.

2 Likes

I blame the same people who changed it from gears of War to gears 5.

4 Likes

lmao but im pretty sure thats just the marketing team.

1 Like

At 18 seconds he back-a’s me before he even hits the cover on my screen — I know what he’s going to do, I try to compensate for it and shoot early, yet I still don’t manage to chunk him before he gets the shot off, and even though I killed him all things considered he’s the one who was probably cheated.

The exact same thing happens with Up-As/Wrap shots.

Look how responsive this game is compared to the new tuning on gears 5 . My heads blown how they make up this crappy tuning

4 Likes

All GoWUE actually needed was wall cancel and it probably would’ve been the best game. Even with the absolute trash mechanic that should’ve killed me in that clip.

2 Likes

i get what you are saying, but i was referring to his overall idea of trying to please the larger group. however, there’s no denying the game launched in a poor state and it seems it was the marketing fluff that was referenced.

i have argued with Cleven over these things directly and even kinda got Jamie to admit the game was noobed on purpose to cater to new players as a marketing ploy.

gears 4 ended in a great state but then gears 5 launched so extremely bad. is that design? does that fall on cleven? idk, it’s beyond us.

this is where people argue for the one shot down to come back lol

@BcuzimDRAGON Breaking News: Ryan Cleven is going off!

2 Likes

Whoever thought this tuning was great or should be implemented should be fired.

We should be able to demand a refund with this tuning!

7 Likes

One shot down absolutely need to come back, if all those 99s were one shot downs the game would be so much less frustrating.

4 Likes

wow, i thought i was alone in that sentiment. that is something cleven said he wanted to make the gnasher fights better. he wanted to include that in the so called dev tuning.

that’s the only way to get rid of the 83% of 4 and the 99% now. it is just edge of the line shots that are simply not kills but we cant expect the casual players to understand it. calls to up the gib range wont fix it either. if the gnasher kills form 10 feet, how about 11? if it kills from 100 feet, how about 101?

Cleven misspoke in the famous “you missed” clip/gif but what he meant was that you missed the timing/range.

3 Likes

Hes talked about it in a few videos including his recent one and said he liked both tunings and could see both going through and understands why lot people don’t like it he agreed with some of it. He says he feels they tuned it incorrectly by focusing on the wrong things.

He said if he could would play both if available or possible but it’s not gonna be that way clearly because they want universal tuning, which I understand. He said he likes the movement for the most part and slower movement, could be faster, and less clunky, and wouldn’t revert it, just feels bad cause the delays and other problems he mentions.

He said he’s gonna come out with a video about what he likes about the tuning and the direction they are trying to go in as well. He just gives his opinion on what should be changed with this tuning.

There’s things with both he liked and disliked or more so had some good base but wanted to see improved and wasn’t or got worse, like when he talks about wrap shots, regular back a getting removed with the air back a, slide cancel delay and when shooting, bullet magnetism with slide cancelling or bouncing, slide acceleration vs flat rate, damage mitigation when shooting few pellets at someone and hitting them in cover from a distance, making being in cover pointless.and ruining good gameplay.

My overall take is that he both likes and dislikes certain aspects of both but could see either being implemented but respecting what TC says is giving feedback about what could be changed with current tuning to make better gameplay and movement.

Definitely gave me hope though for some improvement or changes to make this game enjoyable and playable for me again as he’s a pro and known for his movement and this video came out after Dana’s talk with him or mention of him last stream…

Just waiting see what happens, what TC says or more so does, I know some tweaks are bound to happen but if they will revert some delays completely and/or make some changes to some aspects and target problems/exploits directly.

Removing some of the delays and/or lessening some, upping slide acceleration or making it a flat rate so it doesn’t feel as slow sliding and for roadie running to not feel as slow, directly targeting problems like damage mitigation or wrap shots or the issue of getting 80-100% without down or kill (at least making it less frustrating or more transparent), this game would play so good.

2 Likes

Okay, but again… This is what I have also said.

The point was that type of thinking.

Which is fine. I can work with tweaks.
Rifles need a buff back. Running needs to go back to 500
Snub should be weaker than the lancer unless from like 5 feet.
Boom shot is worthless period.

5 Likes

I do like the feel on bouncing from wall to wall. It does feel more fluid to me.

I’m not sure my tweaks line up of his tweaks though. Which is fine.

1 Like