Tech Testing rewards?

Can you earn anything tect testing that carriers over to gears 5?Like in previous gears betas.

3 Likes

I believe theres gonna be a mini tour of duty during the Tech Test. I forgot where I saw it though

2 Likes

The FAQ said a weapon set and banner.

3 Likes

Yup. I can’t remember where I read it, but apparently there will be something like 2 or 3 specific challenges each with a reward attached, and there’s an extra reward for those who manage to complete all of them.

4 Likes

Seeing as Im home all weekend LET THE FUN BEGIN lol. What time are you usually on. We gotta get you in 1 of your lobbies

2 Likes

They need to tell us what the challenges are already haha!

1 Like

no idea who made this or if it’s even accurate but here you go.

4 Likes

Rewards and challanges where shown on the tuesday stream, the challanges are:
-win 5 matches to get the Tester lancer
-play 10 matches to get the tester snub
-win 15 matches to get the tester lancer

Then theres a random set of mini challenges to get stars, after something like 9 stars you get the banner. overall should only take a few hours to get the items.

Edit: @Goodacre that image is correct.

4 Likes

That was what was shown in the dev stream. Yes it seems odd.

1 Like

I’m a tester who had to pay $80 for the full game anyway…yay me

1 Like

https://www.gears5.com/techtest#GP-Earn-Rewards

" There are four rewards for Testers to earn in the Gears 5 Tech Test:

• Tester Banner: Complete active Tour objectives to earn Stars. Earn ten Stars to rank up and unlock the banner.
  • Tester Lancer: Win five matches of either Arcade Quickplay or Escalation
  • Tester Snub: Play ten matches of either Arcade Quickplay or Escalation
  • Tester Gnasher: Win fifteen matches of either Arcade Quickplay or Escalation

All four rewards can be equipped in the Tech Test and will follow you to Gears 5."

5 Likes

I’m playing right now and this is what I see when I go to my tour.

Are we not able to earn rewards yet?

1 Like

You can. I saw it after I joined again, after getting booted once for being inactive. So YES you can see them and the progress to these three

1 Like

Gonna be hard to get the rewards when you can’t even get into the game lmao

6 Likes

I noticed in a match it showed tour objectives 25 kills, 75 kills, and 75 kills. Is this across several matches or in one match. I don’t see hot you can get 75 kills in one death match since the round goes to 50.

i have the ten stars but no notification i received the “tester banner”. the weapon skins go through fine

go to your customization menu and see it you see a ! if not you might have to restart it

quitting out of Gears and dashboarding to refresh does fix it btw

The rewards are totally acquirable now.

Just to be clear, there are three weapons available which are separate challenges called “medals” your progress should show 0/3 and as you acquire them that changes to 1/3 etc. This is for the Tester Snub, Lancer and Gnasher.

The Tour Of Duty are challenges which update periodically (every 24 hours?) which on completion give you “stars”. Once you acquire 10 stars you max out Private 1 rank and get the Tester Banner.

I don’t think there are other ranks in the Tech Test, but presumably in the final game you get small rewards through each rank cleared, and it all cuminates in a larger reward like a character skin if you get the highest rank by the end of the Tour.

1 Like

So is the second test for friday gonna be versus again or are we gonna get to try out that new escape mode

1 Like