Team (blue/red) phantom boomshot for Gears 5 claimable on live.gearsofwar.com

I thought it was meant for all streams when it was said. The first Gears 5 stream didn’t have any skins iirc. Would have to go look it up though.

Doesn’t change my point about how they’re bringing these back. It was already bad enough bothering to get SOME of these skins, as I never completed the set due to ridiculous times, in Gears 4. Just like, let me buy them in the store and put some other skins into the streams ffs.

2 Likes

At weekends it’s not as bad, and previously these kinds of streams were Fri-Sun, but now some are midweek. I think I’ve only got one completed eSports set (the Motherboard one) - the others are in various uncompleted states - usually missing 1-3 due to not knowing a stream was on due to it being badly promoted, or falling asleep as it was late.

2 Likes

That’s my biggest issue. If they follow their old pattern, the Boomshot is forever gone and the Dropshot will appear again today. So I technically could get 18 out of 19 skins. Really great.

1 Like

I only got close to completing the Emerald Phantom set in 4 because most of it just needed you to play some Escalation matches and complete them, which I could at least put time aside for during the day when they wanted you to do it. I still never completed it because I missed the Boltok with it being straight in the middle of the week when I couldn’t stay up until 3-4 AM with school the next day during my last year of high school.

IIRC Wall is correct.

2 Likes

“We can’t talk about future content” to the point where we don’t even advertise.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t even know about this - and I definitely would have hopped on the stream to unlock this.

And this was really the first time they advertised this? Just for that they should let you unlock the Boomshot again today, that was way too short notice.

Judging from Twitter messages I’ve read they put out an announcement like half an hour before the stream or something.

3 Likes

That is way too short notice, considering they are used to putting out a whole plan with a visual piece with dates for which weapon you unlock on which date weeks / months in advance.

I really think TC is short-staffed, I do feel bad for them.at times.

1 Like

Hey everyone, heads up! Looks like another chance at the Boomshot tonight.

1 Like

Up for grabs rn.

@AmicableWall421

3 Likes

So how does this work, they only give away a finite number at a certain time?

No. You just have to claim it. There is only a limited amount of time to do so.

Although I should add that we won’t get the skins until after next Tuesday’s update, which will include the skin files.

1 Like