TC needs to fix Kait's character for Gears 6

Seems like a very passive character along for the ride rather than being an empowered individual.

TC needs to take example from Aliens, that’s how you write a strong female character.

We had this one dude on the Gears 4 forums that literally cried whenever someone bashed on Kait. He was so upset about her dialogue and other things that he let TC have it in a post and he was banned. It was quite hilarious. I wonder if he is here and played 5?

2 Likes

I do miss his rants sometimes.

@AmicableWall421 comes close with Lizzie.

3 Likes

You called? I just have an issue with them killing Lizzie off, not whatever dialogue they’ve given her, anyway.

And I’m sure he’s still around somewhere.

3 Likes

If I remember correctly from the gears 4 forums, he mentioned someone from the epic forums who also had an obsession with a character from gears 3 (or judgment) and said he’s nothing like him. That didn’t age well afterwards lol.

Edit: The character was Alicia Valera

3 Likes

I know the name was kait diaz 1 maybe or something close to that

2 Likes

Whenever i think of Kait, i think of the Scout. And in Gears 5 Horde, i think of the lack of Skill Cards for Energy collecting. This is good enough for me in Horde. Need more Energy.

The Engineer needs the energy, or people complain that they do not have a good base or Weapons Lockers, the characters in game need Energy, because some nutter in The Coalition decided, "Oh, lets use Energy as a currency to improve peoples person skills. And Energy is needed to repair. There never seems to be enough.

And, i do not know about you lot, but anyone else noticed the lack of Scouts collecting Energy, most do not bother anymore, everyone picks it up now. Another fine mess The Coalition did from Gears of War 4 Horde.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but the Scouts don’t get power pickup bonuses now. Instead everyone gets a 2x power boost upon getting it until after 30 seconds of it dropping when it loses it. Which is a MUCH better way of doing it… putting aside that I think we should get rid of power pickups in the first place.

So TC have in fact fixed that problem where the Scout was the only power collector and an extremely tedious role to play, just like Jack and the Forge is now, and it was often the least picked and last picked role. Not created another mess.

But this is the wrong subject to complain about TC fixing a problem with Horde in Gears 5 that existed in 4.

I don’t know whether that’s a memory I want to let roam free or whether I should repress…

1 Like

Killed Lizzie? But Lizzie isn’t dead. Y’all must’ve gotten defective copies or something

1 Like

Maybe he was obsessed with Laura Bailey considering she voices both of them

Also as for the thread topic I don’t really have a problem with Kait at all and I like her character

The games themselves don’t deliver a ton of deep character development, the books have always been where we get more out of them, and honestly I like it that way. The games are more of the action highlights of the story while all the books take care of those who wish to dive deeper.

I 've heard women saying Ripley is just a male character represented by a woman. Dunno, As a child I respected her and I admired Newt, because I was her age and she was brave as hell!!

As a woman I loved (and appreciate) the introduction of women in Gears. But there was a problem…I didn’t like Anya and I wasn’t fan of Sam or Bernie. Then Alicia came to the scene and I felt so comfortable playing as her!

But then all these creeps playing the female characters for advantage or for their “waifu” obsession.,ughh. It gets kinda weird sometimes, but it’s not the mayority so…

Where were we? Oh yeah!

Kait… It’s strange. But not only her, but JD and Del as well. I liked how they grew in Gears 5 , specially JD. In GoW 4 they were a bunch of kids with no clue what were they dealing with (yeah,it was pretty clear).

I liked the ending tho…Kait seemed to find where she belonged or a real reason to fight for.

Anyway…Fahz is the best character xD

So here’s something I’d actually like to know… what exactly requires Kait to be changed to be a representation of “feminism”? She seems entirely fine to me as a female character(not a man) and does not feel forced(except the whole military thing I feel TC is trying to push on her character too much, I do not think that this direction is that great for the character because to me it’s not what made her interesting in the first place - the Outsider background did… Kait in Gears 5 feels almost like an entirely different character to what Bloodlines makes her out as in relation to the COG, and Ascendance somewhat as well).

But then I might also just be biased because I already like her and would have preferred if the story was less COG centric this time around even if it wouldn’t have made much sense in face of the Swarm threat.

I knew about the X2 for the Energy for the first Thirty seconds of it dropping, i am sure everyone knows that. What i was trying to say is that i miss the whole Scout thing, with all the Skill Cards and only the Scout collecting Energy for the Super Duper Bonuses the other characters do not get. But, to be honest, i just think i am being greedy, being an Engineer and all, i just want to build the best damned Base that is possible and more.
I had never thought of getting rid of the Energy altogether, whilst it sounds like a great idea, i do question your thoughts regarding the Engineer. Unless you want to get rid of all the Classes/Roles/Heroes thing, and go back to something like Gears of War 3 Horde, without the building full stop. This i like, apart from the fighting who gets the Ammo between Waves, surely miss those Weapons Lockers.

I never played as a Scout, but i do miss seeing the Scout running around. Gears 5 has, somewhat evolved, there are more character able to run around on the field now, such as Cole, he would pretty much be useless without the ability to run around. The Scout is dead it seems, so why have it still then…

Thank you for letting me know about the fix, to be honest i had not known, or noticed.

Every character in Gears has shown strength in their own way. Marcus and Baird through their resolve to lead, Cole in his unwaivering positivity, Hoffman in his unflinching discipline, Jinn in her steeled demeanor, JD and his dances with death, Bernie and everything about her, etc.

With Kait I think her strength comes with her innate rebelliousness (with Jinn as her foil). She wants freedom, but the only things keeping her from that dream are two superpowers who seek domination, either through rule or genocide. And any chance she can have to go against the grain, she’ll take it, even with something as petty as tracking mud into Jinn’s office (not kidding).

Kait herself is a confused loner who doesn’t know who her family is in the grand scheme of the new war. And the only people who have been by her side have been the ones wearing the symbol she loathed.
She’s an “Outsider”.

I think Ascendance and Bloodlines do a nice job of fleshing her out more, and I think strength is more than just who’s more “badass”.

5 Likes

This dude hasn’t read the books at all, and ■■■■ them lmao the mean girls comparison was the weakest ■■■■ I’ve ever seen.

The idea of Kait being this selfish, irresponsible “sassy ■■■■■”
Is just wrong. Read ascendance, read how she literally leaves the safety of new ephyra to save Eli and Mackenzie two young teens from the swarm. From the home she lost.

Everyone’s sassy in these games, JD, Del, Kait, Baird Sam, Fahz, Lizzie, jinn, Gary, and many more.

I didn’t see anyone tear Sam up in 3 when all she did was be sassy to Baird lmao. And that was her first entry.

My favorite line by her is. “Don’t mind him, someone took his teddy when he was younger”

Points are weak, yawn. :sleeping_bed:

2 Likes

It would be better if we could get the full picture about the characters without reading those books and comics… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, it would be.

Think about all the Marcus lore that people miss out on because they haven’t read the Karen Novels.

1 Like

What Karen novels!? :open_mouth:
But still Marcus is seems like a badass guy! :grin: