TC, Let’s Talk About XP. (Again. For OP5)

Just played a multiplayer match - KOTH - and how do I not even go up one level? Lol. With boost active. After I I just re-upped. Starting at level 1 too. With 2xp in ranked game modes. MVP. 3 rounds of sweat (just the first round down 3v4).

Destiny 2 with throttle in my light levels felt more progressive than this Operation has so far.

I digress. I guess.

2 Likes

Damn

Makes me appreciate my friends who are re-up 30+ for the amount they played.

I only have 7.5 days for MP, escape, and horde. ‘Tis a commitment.

Yep. Multiplayer XP is a joke.

The only reason I can think of as to why, is so people don’t use multiplayer to boost XP. If that truly is their reasoning, I guess I can see their point. But, they could always cap the amount of XP you can earn in a single match(say 50,000). This could keep the XP boosters away from multiplayer, but give the actual versus players something to play for.

6 Likes

You need to play horde or escape to get any exp.

Why you don’t get exp for fighting REAL players is beyond me…

That’s the one issue I have with PvE to PvP.

At least make it fair.

We don’t have all these power up & cards in PvE.

All we have is the skill on our back.

4 Likes

Yeah like @thepack1221 said, I forgot about boosters. But if that small percentage of people were doing it - TC could come up with a better solution.

With there being 50 re-ups, it is a journey to progress IMO. I remember in GoW2 to get my wings I had to grind hard with the XP events and got it on the last hour of one of the earlier ones. And even that wasn’t anything like this. I thought 4 had a good prestige system.

For 5, I get out of one reup and here is a joke of a weapon skin as a reward then onto the next. :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

We were supposed to get changes to the Reups with Op 5 based on my own last information. There seems to be a TU coming in December(so this month). So it is a possibility we will be getting them then, given that TC alluded to Reup rewards in one of the Op 5 news posts.

Hopefully they’ll fix the XP requirements while they’re at it. Even as a strictly PvE only player, they’re beyond ridiculous. And by fix I mean actualy fix and not just add more Reups and spread the total grind out over more of them.

1 Like

That would be refreshing to see in the next update. I have been mostly PVE since OP4. Just something my friends and I can do together (as a few aren’t the level of skill for comp for me). And MP is too much of a grind for me to even take it serious. Although I have found a better balance this OP between the two.

I was just shocked to see after my last reup as I normally don’t look at my level after matches.