TC got any plans for the anniversary?

I know the 3 new characters were supposed to be until they accidentally put them up to buy early. But have they said if we’re getting anything else? It doesn’t feel much like a celebration :rofl:

3 Likes

No, it doesn’t.

3 Likes

No maps or characters so probably a boost or some iron (doubt it) and an event

Golden gun is fun so hopefully that’ll return. I’m hoping for anniversary skins like in 4. The black gun with a golden omen

Oh the latest developer stream Dana said there would be other things. Very hush, hush. Can’t talk about future content! But he did say no new characters and no maps.

3 Likes

Dlc hivebusters?

1 Like

It’s so backwards to not talk about future content. But I understand why TC won’t do it anymore. Because everytime they do, they end up failing to deliver or pushing it back weeks and everyone gets angry.

4 Likes

True, but disappointing. They can’t even get us hyped for the 1 year anniversary.

2 Likes

At least if they dont tell us what plans they have then at least we wont be disappointed when we find out we all get a banner with the slogan…

“if it aint broke we’ll break it”

Michael the lead pve guy said in @BChaps stream were getting a new map soon, but TCs meaning of the word soon is probably different to ours.

I would be happy with a week of 5xp to make these reups go quicker👀

1 Like

Soon really do be 3 months

1 Like

Yip, just like it will soon be Christmas🤦‍♂️

1 Like

You mean you guys weren’t impressed with the bumble bundle featuring the return of everyone’s favorite, big boi Sraak who can now be upgraded to gold highlights for the special anniversary price of $20?

3 Likes

The most important things to look out for is announcements, developers typically like to talk about what they’ve achieved since a game (or perhaps a series) has been out and then they pivot into bringing up what they’ll be doing going forward.

Translation: If they’re going to announce anything big it’ll be on the 10th.

1 Like

There’s nothing to celebrate.

Game has been out a year almost, game has been garbage that entire time.

1 Like

They have plans to return Gears 5 to an unplayable state. They have made great progress on this endeavor and have already started rolling out the changes to kick start the anniversary early.

7 Likes

Eh…given the year Gears 5 has had, the best way to celebrate is to hide from the public eye.

2 Likes

To be clear, Michael’s map is for Op5.

It has been confirmed that there are no more maps coming (neither tile nor standard)in Op4.

3 Likes

They will have an exclusive Delivery Driver skin for another character I don’t care about and charge you 4000 coins for it. :sweat_smile: We know how much everyone wants that skin and they will deliver on Operation 5

not much else they could do besides skins/XP. everything hinges on these absurdly long wait times between Operations. we wont see maps, updates or modes.

it’s so hard to keep excitement up in the interim. TC was so focused on Gears being a GaaS product but it’s not really delivering meaningful content(that I want). I would gladly take less cosmetic junk if it meant more maps.

2 Likes

I think they said “yes but don’t get your hopes up”