TC: Gears 5, please don't stop Chainsaw Revvup with damage

Hi,

Please, please, don’t make the chainsaw stop revving up when the person sustains a spitball of damage… It’s stupid and inconsistent…

once the chainsaw is revved up, I can get hit with 80% gnasher shot and it stays revved up… but trying to rev it up, it stops if I get hit by a single stray pellet… And recently I found, not just when hit with bullets/pellets, but also when I caught the very edge of a incends flame area on the ground…

Keeping the system as it is removes a melee feature of the lancer. because it’s not dependable… Any stray pellet hits you, you STOP, and just stand there, like an idiot, getting chunked… Means the lancer has no melee option in CQB situations… because there are always random bullets flying around… It’s only useful when you hide first, revv up, and then walk out…

I have no problem with smoke stopping it (because smoke will stop a revved up chainsaw too - that’s consistent)… but this crap of "someone spits on you and you lose lancer’s melee option " just has to go…

Please and Thank You…

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure if it isn’t preferable to instead be able to stop a revved chainsaw as well, if you’re shot enough, rather than not being able to stop a revved or revving chainsaw to begin with. Would you keep your chainsaw raised up when shot at? Though this isn’t really a valid thing for Versus, I admit.

And there’s bound to be people not being happy with not being able to stop a revved chainsaw at all… especially those who primarily or only use Gnashers to rush into combat. But anyway, yes, there should be consistency for the whole chainsaw interruption thing. I’m not really sure which one is the better option though, at least as far as Versus is concerned. And stopping a chainsaw rev does require some amount of timing, which I showed a friend a good while back because he didn’t believe me you could stop the chainsaw being revved.

if it stops the moment you get spit on it becomes mostly useless, as a melee weapons, because there are always stray pellets and bullets flying around, especially around the ring in KOTH. So if they make it so fragile that it stops at anything, then just remove it and give me a regular swing/punch for the lancer.

Throwing smokes stops a revved up chainsaw, that’s fair…

Well, I’ve wanted a regular melee option for the Lancer as well for some time now so it wouldn’t be an addition I would mind and it would be useful for every mode. Sometimes you can’t chainsaw an enemy who’s in melee range but in Gears 4, unless you’re right up to a Scion or DR-1, your character will try to raise the chainsaw of the Lancer no matter how quickly you tap the melee button. That’s just stupid. And I would say it’s fair if you couldn’t interrupt the chainsaw in Versus considering how risky it already is to go up against a Gnasher user with it.

I agree, I would like to see a melee option with the lancer like Judgement had.

1 Like

No one better mess with my Chainsaw Massacre…that is all :wink:

I had a game couple of night ago, I outmoved someone, slid behind them, and started to revvup the chainsaw to cut them (they wasn’t time for them to shoot again, or punch me), so I knew I had them, then… I got hit by some stray bullet fired from the other side of the map, chainsaw stopped, and I got killed…

And I was like WTF… It’s a weapon which is completely useless, it’s not dependable, its ability to do damage is completely outside of your control … I literally screamed when it happened, haha… Who TF thought was this was a good idea?!?