TC - Employ The Worst Person For The Job. Horde Frenzy

I’ve finally come back on here because of one major thing with Horde Frenzy that is absolutely crazy and I gotta get it off my chest.

It goes like this. I want to play JD and am equipped to do so. But if there is a lower level JD, I get kicked to another Character. A Character I don’t want to play. And it really is astounding to see what kind of people come to Horde Frenzy. Last night I had a 1 Re-up and a player who had not even a Re-Upped at all. Last night I didn’t get to play JD once and we had plenty of fails. When I play JD we normally do OK.

Why not just let the Higher Level player do their Job? They’ve put in the time and they have the experience needed.

Because they want to level up.

2 Likes

The empathy-destroying beam is working as planned

Just to clarify I don’t mean your empathy @Ektope because you seem immune to the beam

2 Likes

If there are two players playing as the same character, whoever is lowest placed in the pre-game lobby, as in position, not level wise will have their character changed forcefully.

Why it isn’t setup to find 5 players all as different characters and then put you into a lobby i find baffling, Gears of War 4 found 5 players and setup the game, why they can’t do it for 5 is strange. A lot of dead lobbies also because of this, game starts without 5 players everyone just leaves so why even allow the game to start without 5 to begin with.

1 Like

OK, this is a problem with how Horde 4.0 is designed in itself, not necessarily the solution.

Not having duplicate characters creates this problem, and whilst I agree to an extent that the higher level character should be prioritised, this issue could have been completely avoided.

1 Like

True. But you can say that about any game with an inconvenient system. Right now what matters is how do we play until TC makes a change. And that way is to understand that other people want to level up too.

1 Like

Levelling up isn’t the point, but Insane Horde Frenzy isn’t a place for new/new-ish players.

I’ll watch in future for player positioning on the screen and to see if that matters. If that’s the case - the question is the same “Why not let the higher level player play as their chosen Character?” Why leave it to wherever you happen to be on the screen because that seems unrelated to Level (?).

The players are not always new. There are a ton of characters with a ton of skills. Every character is viable on insane, even level 1’s. Those players are trying to play their favorite mode and maximize their card drops for their lower level heroes.

Simple. Not play at all. Let their numbers dwindle and then maybe TC will make changes.

1 Like

I just got stung by this last night. I was playing Clayton on escape and a lower level Clayton jumped in as the match was starting (so I couldn’t do anything about it) and knocked me into Lahni.
I seriously swear that it needs to be first come first served.
If you’re in and you’ve chosen what you’re playing nobody ought to be able to come along and take that from you. If you change and they grab it then that’s on you and it’s fair but if you were first they should have to either back out or pick something else. This way people have a modicum of control and know what to expect.

1 Like

That’s easily explained. You would find even fewer matches than you do now.

I really hope horde frenzy gets custom lobbies asap. I would probably play it over the 50 wave horde all day long.
As it stands frenzy is a total ■■■■ show on public , due to randoms

2 Likes

Y’all are having this in depth conversation, and I’m still over here trying to figure out the title of this thread.

1 Like

1 Like

I worded it to be a bit provocative. But its basically: TC why do you let generally less able players take the roles of better adept players. Haven’t played it since to see if player positioning on the screen affects this. Haven’t played it because I’m fed up with being replaced by another JD and kicked to Jack.

In Master-lobbies most of the time, where they absolutely don’t belong with a single digit- lv char.

Yeah, although I believe it should be a first-come-first-served situation - who ever selects that character gets to play as them.

I’ve had situations where a player above me in the lobby list changes their character to mine and this throws me out to another character even though I had chosen them first.

1 Like