TC could easily enable free Character/Role choice for Horde and here's the proof

rolls

:’(

1. His financial future hinged on a roll of the dice.
  2. This characters role was a mage.

For horde, we’re always talking about roles.

Sorry, but I’ve seen this so many times today and it’s mildly infuriating.

2 Likes

That’s odd! It posted an earlier incomplete version of my intended message (which had been spellchecked - honest!). I had even written a second paragraph which hasn’t appeared! :neutral_face:

1 Like

Sentences not capitalized or ending with periods are infuriating too.

Homophones are trickier than punctuations.

2 Likes

Damn, you’re right! Corrected :+1:

1 Like

I 'm one of many that also find the hero system mechanics incredibly restrictive and think simple changes would greatly increase the enjoyability of Horde.

That there have been multiple cases of bugged games showing duplicate characters and mismatched skins makes me hope TC can easily drop/tweak the restriction.

I’d easily accept voice lines from characters not matching w/ their ultimate (ie Faz “Come out, come out” when ghosting), or no dialogue at all in that case - in exchange for this flexibility.

1 Like

I agree with that. I couldn’t care less about voice lines for character ultimates.

I just want to be able to use the character I want with the class I want. I also want duplicate characters to be allowed.

I had some really fun horde games back in gears 4. Playing as a team of 5 snipers for instance was great fun.

1 Like

I always wanted to try multiple engineers with different specs. Lopsided squad composition like this made for some interesting strategies/sessions. Back to the point, being forced into what TC considers a balanced team has removed that option.

1 Like

I think a smart balance would have been to allow whatever in private and keep public balanced the way it is.

1 Like

That’s a reasonable compromise.

1 Like

its an issue on private if you try to beat master all by yourself which is something i wouldnt mind trying to do

What’s that? Limited money?

I was fahz and had sarah connor’s voice the other day…strange

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks horde in Gears 5 is way too restrictive! Weapons and abilities shouldn’t be locked to specific characters. Gears of War 4s class system was better

1 Like

Horse rolls…

They need to do something about Horde.

BUt if thats actually their logic which it probably is, why would they think that people will only buy characters if they are pretty much forced too in order to get a better class i wonder…i think people would buy characters either way and doing this just ruined horde for everybody

1 Like

I cannot count the amount of times now I have quit wave one of horde because I am placed as the wrong character. I hate Kait. I hate del. I hate Jack. I hate fahz. If I am not Marcus or jd I instantly quit. Why on earth was this thought to be a good idea??? I play horde with a lancer and a shotgun. Not tc s trash ideas of only one person per team. Its an atrocious decision and a disgrace to the gears name.

2 Likes

I don’t play horde personally but slot of my friends do. They agree with you entirely.

I will not spend another penny on this game until I can gurantree I am able to use the customisation options I HAVE PAID FOR WITH REAL MONEY in the game. It is mind boggling to restrict the players in such a way. WHY WOULD I SPEND MONEY ON SKINS FOR CHARACTERS I CANT EVEN PLAY AS HALF THE TIME???

2 Likes

Not just people who paid for skins. Also those who grind things in the Tour of Duty. Can you imagine going through the effort to obtain Winter Armor Kait or Desert Kait(or both) but not being able to use them a lot of the time, if you do play as Kait because “You can’t have duplicates in Horde”?