TC: can we get invulnerability in Horde during 'take cover' animation?

This happens to me ALL THE THE TIME, playing on higher diff levels:

I’m shooting over cover, then I get hit by a claw bullet and go red. I immediately release both triggers, and while my character is in the animation of swinging back into cover I get hit again, and go down… And I scream, like “WTF am I supposed to be doing here??” There is nothing I can do…

Or I see the red laser of a sniper aiming at me, I right away hide into cover, but he shoots and downs me, while I’m in the take cover animation…

This is ridiculous, IMO… Like what am I supposed/expected to DO?? I can’t go into cover any faster… And once you get hit ONCE with a claw bullet, it’s almost guaranteed you’l go down because you can’t hide fast enough to avoid the second bullet…

It’s not “difficult”, it’s pointless and annoying and infuriating… Like, seriously, what I am supposed to do in those situations??? Might as well keep shooting, you’ll go down anyway, might as well go down shooting???

6 Likes

there are certain things that this game doesn’t make sense, for example, if you’re aiming and shooting, and stop shooting, you still take hits for 1 second even totally in the cover.

2 Likes

I love when i try to slide into cover and get hit with the grease fighting stopping power of claw pods so I just kind of squat in the open air until I die because there is no canceling out once you are in that position and moving at that grass-growing pace.

Also everyone is about 6 inches too tall to use any of the cover in Gears5 so it is effectively useless.

3 Likes

Yeah…

So much potencial, if they just implemented a few minor tweaks it would be awesome…