Gears Forums

TC are 'fixing' the gnasher after finding a bug (fix is live)

Accidentally? You had a bloody beta for this…

Sloppy

1 Like

The actual hitboxes for all characters are outside the visible character models, it’s been like that since Gears 2. It’s to balance the size difference between small character models like the females and larger ones like say RAAM (Gears 3 had separate hitboxes and literally gave you an advantage to play skinnier characters). I’m not sure if the unintended values affected all weapons or just the gnasher.

@mike_yaworski Literally any clarifications from the Devs on the state of the game would be appreciated

1 Like

Wow thats an epic mistake, like what happened the dude copy past all campaign weapon stats to versus. Tc u guys are the laziest

1 Like

The PvE Gnasher apparently translates to “all campaign weapon stats.”

I thought the hitboxes used were those of characters in the middle of the size spectrum like Marcus. But the way the information I found was presented seemed to indicate PvE modes or at least Campaign have/has a much more forgiving hitbox for aim assist and/or bullet magnetism than PvP for which I don’t see the sense in. Wouldn’t you want to encourage players to improve their aim regardless of the mode they play? I certainly am not a big fan of less than subtle aim assist or generally bullet magnetism that makes shots hit when the reticle barely has its edges on the enemy. My aim isn’t pro player level but it’s good enough to not need crutches either.

2 Likes

There are enough people on these forums who will jump on the “noobification” of Gears rant wagon on these forums who can talk about it. I haven’t played the previous games campaigns or horde for so long I have no idea if this was the case in earlier games. Either way the wrong values were put in Versus and supposedly have been fixed or are going to be fixed.

1 Like

Lol I imagine that this will simply be a Gnasher nerf and that is all. They will have listened to the over powered Gnasher complaints and reduce the range, the damage, the bullet magnetism, and aim assist. However, I bet they don’t touch the Lancer.

1 Like

Disagree on the lancer. Hit count seems almost identical between G4 core and G5. Often see a 10 hit down in G5. 11 seemed to be the average in G4. The lancer in 5 is far more accurate too as far as the spread. G5 lancer Is like a baby brother to the retro lancer. A little bit of recoil but the concentration of the shot is super accurate.

I tested it and it’s one more bullet to down in Gears 5. I also think the Gears 4 Core lancer is more accurate and has more range, potentially a higher fire rate too.

Gears 4 Core Lancer > Gears 5 Lancer

1 Like

https://i1.wp.com/www.skeptical-science.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Never-Understimate-The-Power-Of-Stupid-People-In-Large-Groups-Funny-People-Meme-Image1.jpg?resize=511%2C650&ssl=1

1 Like

That wasn’t a Beta test; It was a server test. That was the final build. TC thought the game was good enough.

Either way the tests failed and yet the game still launched.

1 Like

I didn’t jump on the “aim assist/bullet magnetism hate train” just because people are hating on it. If I didn’t have issues with the excessive bullet magnetism and aim assist in PvE you wouldn’t see me mention it.

1 Like

This is the fix I’ve been monitoring. It’s insane that this happened and wasn’t seen until almost 2 months in now…but if they fix this the gnasher play should feel a lot better. No more instant death while wall bouncing away from their shots.

We will see. If the next 1 or 2 updates don’t acknowledge some of the complaints on here it’s getting deleted.

1 Like

Live footage of Gears 5 development cycle

9 Likes

I can’t believe these guys got paid to put this game out. I mean how many things can they possibly screw up?! Every day there’s something else and it’s not always something minor either.

1 Like

1 Like

I guarentee this is the case.

1 Like

Sorry I wasn’t trying to imply you were. I was trying to say theres a lot of people on here who could explain why they think TC has catered significantly more to newer players in both PVE and PVP.

I personally don’t know why they would try and make the PVE modes much more forgiving.

Just been re-reading the reddit thread and apprently the ‘fix’ for this is live.
I didn’t seem to notice a difference last night, still made some dodgy kills, and died to a few very obviously missed shots.

Anyone able to test this? ( I probably can’t get back on this weekend.)

1 Like

Forgiving is relative. Higher difficulties still aren’t easy but I still question why the aim assist and bullet magnetism are more present in PvE overall(Beginner difficulty aim assist snaps on targets like an aimbot if you’re close enough to a target when you start aiming, even if you have the target lock option off - which is basically an aimbot).