Take Out The Horde Parts From Campaign

I know it’s way too late to make any major changes to the game, but if this can stop at least one boring horde battle then it was worth posting about. The worst part of the campaign is the horde fights put in place to add more time to the overall play hours. Please remove these boring fights, there is nothing fun about camping in an area and shooting your entire clip into an enemy for one kill. I would personally rather play a shorter story than grind through these pointless battles.

5 Likes

I hate the campaign in general…

1 Like

No, let’s not do that. Lots of people buy the game for the SP so why shorten it? Yes, the SP was terrible but still gave us something to play. If anything, they should make it longer.

4 Likes

Oh wow. I hate you Tony

1 Like

You don’t mean that. You don’t have a mean bone in you my man. But, I am sorry TC forced you to play the campaign with me on Hardcore nonetheless to get the Guilded Raam stuff.

Fair enough…
The pain was worth it for those skins. I have never used nor plan to use the Raam

1 Like

Same here man. Those BP skins though will be used early in Gears 5 whether it’s MP or Horde

2 Likes

I still need act 2-5 if you wanna play some more.

1 Like

I would be happy to help out. I probably won’t be on till Friday.
Horde sucks and ranked has been boring. I already reach Onyx, so all my goals have been reached this season

I would say I’ve already reached onyx, like 2% away on Guardian…but teo of my friends got yrh game and they average at about Bronze 2. Moving slow but hey at least I’m getting a lot of kills. Now just trying to get my clan account to Gilded Raam

1 Like

Agree re OP. it started in J of course. We do not want in 5. We know why they are put in.

1 Like

I didn’t mind these bits. I mean, most cover based shooters, or even shooters generally, feature sections that are similar to this.

Shooters at their heart tend to involve “go to section 1 and kill all the baddies, then proceed to section 2 and do it again” etc. Ocassionally it’s “go to section 3 and press a button”, but broadly the formula is very similar.

It’s just these sections are a bit more rigid.

Oh yea. Sounds good to me.

Maybe I won’t try to be like Rambo on Ironman like I was doing when I was playing with @Fatalist_Flames :joy::joy:

I wish tho that G4 was like G3 and you gained XP from playing the campaign.

2 Likes

I suck at Camp (ask Tony) but I give you my best😂

2 Likes

Lol I can carry you.

You just be ready to pick me up

@Fatalist_Flames is a beast. We stomped through act 1 in less than 40 minutes I think? Lol

2 Likes

My shoulders are much stronger now after carrying the clown through the whole campaign. I think Del actually picked me up more than Clown did so be prepared

4 Likes

Lol when me and fatalist were playing the other night - Del was full tilt medic sprinting a few times to me :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Take out the Horde parts from campaign… And you’re left with an unacceptably short campain for a AAA game. They are in there for lazy filler. By a country mile the WORST gears campaign of the series. Even Judgement’s was better.
5 must be better.

You sure? The Swarm in Campaign make me look good because they don’t wallbounce. Otherwise, I’d get wrecked, haha.

I agree about Horde parts in Campaign, I know why they add them, it just doesn’t do it for me. Horde is it’s own beast.

I would like to see the A.I in Gears play more like actual players give them the ability to wall bounce, throw smoke grenades and even switch between multiple weapons.

Right now the A.I are only challenging on the hardest difficulty and that’s only because they basically have 100% accuracy it’s 2019 gamers expect decent A.I

1 Like