Gears Forums

Take out active reload

I want to say that my experience so far hasn’t been bad. Played one koth match after waiting forever to get in.
My main comments about the game that are in regards to things that weren’t broken so why change them.

1st
Why is there a left safety zone for the active reload? I believe the hammerbust did that once but there wasn’t anything on the right so you could jam your guns till. There’s no point having active now that you can’t miss. If you miss still then it must be your first video game experience. Active has been the same for 5 games and they go and nerf the active meter. Why even have active power bonuses anyway now? You can’t miss so everyone is going to either have it or have a quick reload with no chance to jam for trying to get the buff. It was good when people would spam it and mess it up. And the timer from gears 4 worked so you couldn’t spam. I just don’t see a point to the left side safety cushion for pressing early. I mean it was easy to hit and if you didn’t on the right side you were still safe…

The way the damage was indicated on screen. I don’t like this outlined 3x biggers omen that almost looks like it’s a porthole on a boat with the blood and red stuff around it. I can’t even tell if it indicates direction but it’s distracting AF for me. The way it was in 4 etc was fine so why change it?

2nd.
The way the damage was indicated on screen. I don’t like this outlined 3x bigger omen that almost looks like it’s a porthole on a boat with the blood and red stuff around it. I can’t even tell if it indicates direction but it’s distracting AF for me. The way it was in 4 etc was fine so why change it? If i’m correct it’s been the same like every game until now…

3rd
Weapons
What’s with the autopistol? It’s just a more accurate Gorgon pistol. The fully automatic gears 3 version. Swarm somehow have locust tech but no Gorgon pistols are laying around? come on
Also the balance to me is off with using a hammerburst in arcade and a lancer takes you down. I thought the point of the hammerburst was it was burst shot that were stronger…perhaps he had an active on me who knows…

Just my 2 pennies…

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why The Coalition felt the need to change active reloads in the first place.
There was a whole argument of whether or not wasting bullets to ‘preactive’ was OP and acceptable and they just took out the whole wasting bullets part and give you a full active clip.

1 Like

Yeah I agree on that. I get it but you have a point before you had to shoot so you could give location away to get some bullets buffed. If you only did a few you only had a few stronger rounds to fire…now when a match starts everyone after set time could have full active clips and in fact if you don’t well you are at a disadvantage…

but still why add the left side safety cushion to it ? defeats the jamming purpose.
curious to as to why the official feedback forum is all locked up? and this thread?

The biggest issue i have with the omen is that i litterarly cant tell how much health i have becuase after like 3 lancer shots it looks liek you’re dead, but in reality its like 6 shots and your omen is COMPLETELY covering the outside. The damage indication is way too severe.

2 Likes

Yeah actives feel useless at this point.
I’d prefer if they remove them and make reloads quicker rather cushioned actives

And that hp Omen… jeez it was an awful change.

1 Like

I have no idea why they added that. It’s becoming increasingly obvious to me that this development studio is not a good fit for Gears of War.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Gears 5 Tech Test - Official Feedback Thread