TACTICS should also come to Xbox

(III EnVii III) #42

Exactly :+1:

(alm0stninja) #43

My point is they are currently claiming it is being developed for Windows 10. Any assumption it is going to xbox afterwards is just an assumption. Xbox has not been mentioned. I would have no issue with it being developed for windows 10 and then ported 12 or so months later to xbox. But this has not in any way been mentioned. If they said this then it would be fine, but as it stands it is a windows 10 only game. MS are doing this same thing with 4 age of empires games. They are all going to windows, but none to xbox. If MS have a play anywhere vision it should work both ways. My concern is this will set a precedent and we will see a series of games making their way exclusively to PC and not play anywhere( which I am a fan of). If they had plans to look into an Xbox version afterwards would they not state this and would it not be announced as “developed first for windows 10” or “Windows 10 Launch exclusive”. It is not like MS do not use these terms.

(GhostofDelta2) #44

As long as the games are properly development for PC and not the game-breaking bug riddled mess that Gears 4 is on PC, why not have it ported to the X 12 months later.

(III EnVii III) #45

Well exactly,

They won’t confirm it for Xbox yet because:

1). It might never come to Xbox

2). It might heavily depend on the success of the PC version before a console one makes financial sense

3). There may be challenges to bringing it to console so longer to develop

4). Gears and PC games have always struggled so having a PC game first and done right makes sense

5). They want to spread out onto more platforms - PC, Xbox and Mobile. Each one got a game.

(The Munkey) #46

I think this is kind of an insult. Gears is one of Xboxs biggest titles. Why they would dive into a new genre and leave Xbox out is questionable.

There are strategy games that work great on consoles. Xcom is fantastic. They’ve even willingly thrown PC K/M users against console gamepad users in versus.

Starting to think TC is a lot of PC fanboys.

(GhostofDelta2) #47

I don’t think you would get many Gears 4 PC users agreeing with that statement.

(alm0stninja) #48

I think this is part of the problem. We need to get away from PC vs Xbox and anything that can cause platform wars/arguments. Play anywhere was about bringing everything together in my eyes. So it is a shame their now appears to be a new barrier with tactics.

(GhostofDelta2) #49

and with how many issues are still plaguing Gears 4 on PC.

(Circa Darkrage) #50

You can directly port each from UE 4, that’s why Fortnite has expanded quickly into Switch, Mobile and such.

I would say that TC are probably looking for some diversity, spread risk and approach new audiences. A PC-only game, whilst having it’s criticisms, on a turn-based shooter is appealing to new audiences.

At least we are not getting Judgment 2.0 to appeal to new players.

(III EnVii III) #51

Fair enough but maybe your right and they just want to reach out to a community and do it well.

The Pc versions have always suffered so a PC first game might help.

(TavaresBR94) #52

There is absolutely no reason to make it exclusive to PC. Xcom is on xbox, so there is no “control scheme” excuse. And honestly, what in the word is a true PC experience except RTS and MOBAs/MMORPG that doesnt work perfectly on consoles?

Besides that, a game only available in that unpopular windows store will face a great dificulty To reach a decent sales number.

(TavaresBR94) #53

If it was coming To xbox they would have said that during E3.

Doesnt matter its not a core game. I bought a xbox so I could play all gears games.

About console players interest… Have you ever heard of XCOM? Tatics could attract console strategy players to the gears franchise.

(TavaresBR94) #54

Why are you happy this game is PC exclusive? What difference does it make for PC gamers if this game is on xbox or not?

(GhostofDelta2) #55

That is is being developed for PC means we wont get a rubbish Port. Gears 4, despite being beautiful in 4k, is plagued with issues (causing entire PC crashes, disconnects, certain bounties not counted, season pass not working etc). None of these things are an issue for the Xbox version.

Rod has stated that they are aiming for 120FPS to ensure a super smooth gameplay experience. Compare this to Xbox where Horde and Campaign both run at 30FPS. Development time is a finite resource. allocating resources to a different platform means that we will get less resources allocating to making sure the PC version be all it can be.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #56

Though I don’t play games like that anymore, I think it absolutely should be available on Xbox.

I also don’t know what the hell “true pc experience” means as I was playing strat games on consoles as long ago as the early 90’s. This isn’t a pc exclusive crowd that plays these types of games.

(SmokeTastyBuds) #57

It means TC accept the fact that that gears 4 pc was, for alot of people, a major f**k up.
A game developed first and foremost for PC gamers is something of an apology.

Im guessing TC are thinking a strategy game will have more appeal to pc gamers (in general) than xbox.

Yes alot of xbox gamers want this, myself included.
We will almost certainly see a port over at some point as I don’t believe TC has stated anywhere that tactics is exclusive to pc, just that its being made for PC first.

(FrienofthedeviL) #58

Any chance we’ll get gear pop for the Xbox?? Can’t wait to play that one…!

(GhostofDelta2) #59

I am calling it now that it will be ported over to the Xbox One X (give it 6-12 months), but not the Xbone.

(SmokeTastyBuds) #60

I’ve been putting off buying an X since I’m sure the x2 is just around the corner.
Recently though I’ve actually been considering saying screw console and just going for a PC, tactics might be the thing that tips the scale.

(GhostofDelta2) #61

Could well be the case!