Switch shoulder aim option

we need the option to aim from over the left shoulder as well as the right.

6 Likes

Just take cover, aim out your left side and get off cover but don’t let go of LT. It’s basically the same as right side but you’d have to stay on hard aim.

Or… You can also Back+A from the left side too. This is the method I’d prefer, it’s much quicker and efficient.

1 Like

Umm, yeah interesting, why was this flagged ?

2 Likes

I have no idea dude.

2 Likes

Other games have implemented this. Always wondered why GoW is so behind in some ways…

2 Likes

Some people don’t like the idea of change, I guess.
The method that @GreatWhiteShark mentioned works great in certain situations.

2 Likes

I thought it was holding LT and moving LS Left Stick.
But if they could make left handed shoulder view for left handed people, that might be great.

It would be great in Versus. Currently you must have cover available and such. A sniper or hb could lock down firing lanes easier.

idk why people tell me " just go into cover aim to the left get off the cover and then you switch shoulders"

thats rediciulous that you have to do all those steps just to do it… it should be a simple button to switch sides.

im not terrible when ppl push around barriers to the left of me but i prefer to push right…

4 Likes

That’s interesting I’ve never thought of that. I would like a beta test of it first though.

2 Likes

Sounds a lot more hassle than it’s worth. Left handed people haven’t had a problem for 5 Gears of War titles, why bother now?

1 Like

Shoulder swap is an essential in other 3rd person shooters. The Tomb Raider reboots, Resident Evil 6, Last of Us, Uncharted back on the freakin’ PS3!

Without shoulder swap, the game is currently a dosey-doe squaredance around cover to keep right hand advantage. Maps that are symmetric do not play symmetrically for each team because each side has advantages/disadvantages on the same piece of opposite cover. Gridlock’s longshot tower has the advantage for the Cog side because it is easier to push that pillar while keeping your entire body in cover, while Swarm side has no such benefit.

4 Likes

You lack the understanding of what this is about. This has nothing to do with the players that are left handed.

1 Like

exactly, its weird that gears hasnt implemented this yet.

2 Likes

Wrong, I was referring to the above.

You have a point about the advantages/disadvantages. Those games suit it with their play style (I prefer to try and forget about Resident Evil 6 but I see your point). But in regards to Gears. we all get a turn, and not having convenient cover doesn’t make it too much more difficult. I’m afraid that’s simply just Gears of War.

We wouldn’t want to make things too easy now, would we?

1 Like

Never actually thought about it with Gears, I feel like it is a design choice, the odd game like Killswitch for the PS2 had toggle shoulder (if I am remembering correctly that’s the game) oppose to it being limitations from developer/engine. Honestly not found it needed but I can understand why people would want this. As mentioned above with Gridlock – I find that it gives different flow and you need to think about how you approach it since taking cover from that pillar doesn’t stop the people coming around. Since the spawns rotate it doesn’t matter it’s still fair in the regard to balance for the teams.
The dance around pillars can be amusing when you try/are able to catch people out but the toggle shoulder makes sense for a slower paced game. Ghost Recon Advanced War-fighter 2 for example was a game where it felt needed. It was a slower tactical game. You can just slide away and melee people to create space in Gears or smoke stun around them.

1 Like

it should be an option in the settings to make it permanent instead of a button on the controller. i dont want it in rounds, it would change the game drastically. oh and you should be only possible to switch in the main menu settings and not between rounds, to prevent it to be abused by players who want to have an startimg advantage all the time per map.

1 Like

NO NO NO i remember RE 6 for this its a total hassle

Yep should def be a thing but only while aiming down sights

1 Like

Even though it’s not about lefties and about view perspective, as a lefty I want to weigh in. Lefties never had a problem with right handed desks, scissors, driving cars, or anything else. It’s a right-handed world and we just adapt. It is nice when something like a video game or dev remembers us and puts in an option in case we would like to play as a left handed character.

I wonder if that would mess up the HUD though.

1 Like