Swarm skins/characters

So I noticed some of the original swarm concepts no longer exist in gears 5 anymore that were newly introduced along with gears of war 4…
Such as the ‘Swarm drone elite’

side note: Swarm drone elites if I remember were the only swarm drone aside imagos that used lancers and frag grenades, why they no longer exist is baffling, I wouldn’t complain if we saw the return of these bad boys in horde and escape.

‘Swarm hunter’

‘Swarm grenadier’

And I have to say personally really enjoy the new swarm enemies introduced in gears 4 - 5 and would like to see these skins re-implemented to there appropriate characters in the swarm roster, I know everyone loves the locust and would perhaps prefer to see new characters or skins, but I think we need to pave a way for new ideas and these original concepts were really neat and I was quite disappointed to see they had been scrapped from gears 5 all together, just a personal nitpick I felt needed addressing and if anyone feels the same I’d love to hear about it.

And speaking of new skins ish, I thought of a neat idea to make imago versions of the certain swarm classes e. g ‘Swarm imago sniper’ or ‘Swarm imago grenadier’ so essentially imago variants of each type of swarm, maybe someone who’s good with photoshop can capture the full effect of this, but it always made me wounder why every imago was perfect upon leaving a nest, yet the sniper and grenadier were majorly deformed in the face compared to the standard drone, I know they aren’t exactly catwalk material anyway… But god I hope someone gets what I mean :joy::joy::joy:

EDIT: I understand the grenadier is basically helmetless, it wouldn’t hurt to have the skin though, all of these should be craftable with scrap imo seen as though kait, del and JD got there gears of war 4 skins added as scrap craft able skins, this would prevent the thought of these being considered filler content for say new medals, tour of duty and store content.

2 Likes

I think the logic behind the new elites was to show the swarm were getting smarter and using armor instead of relying on their thick skin, but I agree that the old 4 models looked better. I liked that the elites used Lancers because it gave you ammo in horde or a chance to change your loadout. Also whoever’s the genius that decided to make the grenadiers have a bullet proof helmet, I hope you die in a car fire.

1 Like

I get that, but the skin is completely different and unique and still deserves a place in 5, an yeah would be nice to have the og swarm drone elites back as lancer enemies for horde and escape, as well as it being a skin, they could just call the new enemies with the claw “elite soldier” like its skin is named

Yeah they need to add back the gears 4 swarm elite drone. He had a completely different phenotype and was really cool looking. We just need to let TC know we want him back.

1 Like

“I would love him back!” - Hivebuster98 :joy:
What do you think of the other skins!? I just think it’s a waste to have had them in gears 4 and then scrap them in gears 5, craftable skins would be the best way to incorporate them as well

I like them, not as much as the elite drone but I do think they should come back. They should at least come back as classic skins like how we got classic skins for JD, kait and Del in gears 5. I talked to @N0DEZER0 a long time ago about bringing back the elite drone as a skin and he said he’d talk to the content team but I don’t think he ever did. I need to ask him again at some point. I did see a picture of the elite drone in gears 5 on one of TCs screenshots for horde before the game came out.

1 Like

Oh man you are good! Nicely spotted, an yes I agree craftable classic skins would be nice, an maybe a new enemy for horde an escape!? The only lancer wielding swarm drone perhaps??? Why not ey!? :+1:
I’m impressed with this :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks! I think they should wield what they had previously in gears 4. Lancer, Gnasher, boltok and frags. And if they had to rename him since drone elite is used for the regular drone he should be called swarm knight or guard. I just hope TC adds him back into the universe for both lore and multiplayer. If we ask the devs then I’m sure they’ll be willing to bring him back, especially if they heard it from multiple people.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more :ok_hand:I don’t kno any of the devs names on this else I’d tag em, but I don’t think they ever respond

Hmm there’s @N0DEZER0 @TC_Octus and those are the only ones I know of on the forums.

1 Like

@TC_MichaelAOS @TC_Robbo @TC_Andius

2 Likes

Thanks for looking out man! :+1:

1 Like