Striker Or Blademaster?

Pretty sure that a Blademaster still wildly outclasses a Striker in the majority of categories but the Striker does initially have an advantage with the mace bleed being higher without any investment in perks(assuming the bleed card is maxed). With the Blademaster bleed perk maxed, however, it is still higher than the Striker’s mace bleed card even at level 6. And it works with all melee while Striker doesn’t get any bleed without a mace or pipe. And it’s still going to be squishy as all hell.

Here’s a challenge:

Play three hordes (we can go advanced to be less punishing).

First, play as the protector but no big knife (extra melee damage). Bloody blade is fair though- considering the passive…

Then, play as blademaster but no bleeding perk/TOTH/blade dancer. Extra melee damage is allowed here- considering the passive…

Then play as the striker utilizing any build (since no bleed perks or additional melee damage)…

You have to keep a CQC/melee approach while playing though.
Then see how much of a crutch y’all are reliant on.
I can admit this wouldn’t necessarily make striker come out on top. Probably because protector gnasher is brutal, and there are ways to also keep blademaster alive and bringing the damage even limiting its inherent abilities.
But there is more parity among them if you remove one aspect of each class.

Why does everybody behave like this is a baseball video game or something- where there is only one viable team.

Striker in conjunction with any other CQC is unfuckwithable —- they can approach heavies and mitigate their attacks until a bleeder can bring the DPS/DOT.

Obviously though, if a tactic is available, we will exploit it.

Blademaster will outperform all the other melee classes. The only thing I like the protector for is his bleed damage healing- which is more effective at surviving against heavies than TOTH. But blademaster is more effective versus drones because they tend to die before a lot of bleeding health regen can kick in for protectors.
Strikers I just gain stim and standing execution or whittle down heavy health with overkill spam before melee continuance.
With the challenge issued above, it’ll just make us all better melee players by happenstance of basic gameplay. Adding back in all those perks/tactics/weapons after will just make us all more efficiently powerful.

I don’t see how this challenge proves anything by arbitrarily removing a “crutch” from each class’ repertoire. Each class is what they is, and the Striker, while improved, still doesn’t compare to Blademaster. Not by a long shot. And the Blademaster can handle larger enemies like DR1’S, Scions and even bosses like the Carrier with relative ease (and without necessarily needing a Breaker Mace either, although it obviously helps greatly).

3 Likes

Blademaster is still superior.
Striker now benefits a bit more from “First Strike” in terms of long-ranged combat e.g. with a Longshot but Blademaster is just way tankier and overall destroys things faster.

Striker has more potential in Escape especially if melee isn’t a favorable approach for the hive.