Gears Forums

Stricter Matchmaking Now In TDM?

(III EnVii III) #1

This could be a coincidence however today, TDM has seen me struggle to find games, I’m talking over 2 hours and only 2 games.

Both these games did have more even teams, a lot more Diamonds than normal.

Which leads me to believe that the game is doing exactly what it is for KOTH.

Anyone else experience this?

@anon86589457 @TC_Octus - another “secret test” or is just because the playerbase has even left TDM?

What are everyone else’s thoughts and experiences?

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #2

Golly, TC really hates you, don’t they😂

(III EnVii III) #3

aha, it seems so :joy:

The struggle to get games is real, and TC just like to make it harder.

There’s always the super sweaty 10-man private matches but I don’t get a % or rank for them :sweat: - we all know that’s all that matters :grimacing::v:

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #4

Don’t worry, I’m sure that “everything is working as intended” Nothing to worry about👍

(III EnVii III) #5

Yeah, most definitely, nothing to see here :laughing:

(TGLT Clutch) #6

It did take a lot longer today but luckily I stacked with gold 2,onyx 1/onyx2-3 and one unranked. Therefore I found games within 10 minutes. Seems like they are doing some weird testing again.

If you (TC) care about the PC players please have a weekly ranked crossplay toggle reset. Every two weeks is also enough. I can confirm that a 5 stack of xbox can still find games on KOTH but as soon as there is one PC on the squad it takes 10+ min most of the time depending on ranks.

(III EnVii III) #7

TDM is now dead for me.

Nothing left to play in ranked.

(GB6 Kazuya) #10

That’s strange, I mostly play TDM these days and normally find a match within 20 minutes. But then again that was a couple of days ago.

I hope they haven’t infected TDM with the new system, KOTH takes a lifetime to find a match now…

(III EnVii III) #11

That’s what it feels like now.

All those hours of searching … 2 games …

(GB6 Kazuya) #12

Jesus. How’s holding onto your sanity coming along?

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #14

I feel guilty. I find both koth and TDM games within a minute…

(III EnVii III) #16

This is why I will forever hate you :weary:

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #17

Hey! Watch it! I’m one of your tickets to koth games😂

(III EnVii III) #18

Accept my apologies :pray::pray::pray:

I got a good idea,

We run a Ethernet from my Pc to your router?

:grimacing:

(Me0wMix CatFood) #19

Feels like it. Last night was the first night when we stopped being able to get TDM matches as a stack. We literally queued for half an hour (restarting every 5 min) and finally gave up. I don’t think we’ve ever gone past 5min of waiting before.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #20

Apology rejected! I’m still bitter about how @GB6_Kazuya has yet to accept my apologies!

(III EnVii III) #21

Yeah, TC have definitely implemented it on TDM since last night …

(III EnVii III) #22

Please!

I’m going to miss the couple of KOTH matches I might get at like 1am :sob::sob::sob:

(Me0wMix CatFood) #23

Sad, because it means my days of playing Gears 4 might be over. I’m not going to ditch my online friends just to play this thing solo.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #24

I guess it’s just for high skilled players, cuz I played Friday and Sunday and it was pretty fast.

Oh the joys of being a crappy player😄