Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer

What’s this? A topic that isn’t complaining about Gears 5?

HERESY!

Anyway, without further ado, here is the final trailer for Star Wars Episode 9.

I’ve been a Star Wars fan as long as I can remember, I’m not sure if there’s much others that share my passion on these forums (except @l_l_C_L_O_W_N_l as he’s hardcore. Even has his own lightsaber. :scream:) but I figured I’d post this anyway to see your thoughts, if any. Or if you want to announce you couldn’t give a damn then that’s perfectly fine as you’re entitled to your own opinion. Burn in hell.

As for me, the last movie (The Last Jedi) was a disaster and a complete insult to long-term fans of the Franchise…huh…perhaps this topic does sound similar to Gears 5 after all.

The Emperor and Darth Vader are my favourites so I’m hoping this film does them the justice they deserve. We’d all love to see the Emperor finally triumph but too bad it’s not how it “should go”. It looks great and should answer a lot of questions that the piece of :poop: also known as Rian Johnson brutally raised with terrible storyline decisions and directing. It should also redeem some characters he ruined (such as Luke).

Anyway, thoughts?

1 Like

Better than Gears 5 at least.

1 Like

Can’t wait for this!

1 Like

Still have some of my action figures from the 70’s.
Ok, I feel old now.

1 Like

Never, ever tag me in a Star Wars thread. You will now feel my wrath

2 Likes

The Wrath of Khan?

3 Likes

What…I don’t get that-on wait…that was the point

It was the name of the best Star Wars movie.

3 Likes

I am so lost rn

1 Like

Its where Baal went back in time.

1 Like

Hahahhahaha. Ok, now I feel old. Fantastic movie though

You didn’t :scream:

3 Likes

Yes he did. :vulcan_salute: :rofl:

2 Likes

Huge fan, only movie franchise i bother getting off my lazy a** an going to the cinema

But agree, its been butched of late

How do you feel about the ending of Game of Thrones and D&D being handed the next trilogy??

Maybe my profile pic shows my love for gears and star wars, ima friggen cog soldier with a lightsaber

Come at me bra

Also GT being what it is, but still, i cry all the time over what they did :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Thoughts as in what do we think will happen in 9?

As for the past movies, I actually really enjoyed TFA, even though it was a nostalgia rip-off of ANH, but the story was there, good mystery box approach, and made me highly anticipate episode 8…

… boy did that turn out poorly. TLJ basically ruined TFA retroactively, along with 1-6, thoroughly proving all of the actions and sacrifice of the previous movies as moot (mostly 4-6). Still no fn idea who Snoke is - guess it doesn’t matter? Hopefully JJ can pull something out of his ■■■ and make sense of it all.

The Emperor is my favorite movie character of all time - I’m (glad?) to hear that he survived being thrown down a reactor shaft and exploding inside of a giant space station which also exploded in the middle of space. If that didn’t kill him, then I’m out of ideas…

I’m excited for 9 but I’m going in with low expectations and will hopefully be pleasantly surprised, as going into 8 with high expectations was one of the more crushing blows to my nerdism since… well ever.

2 Likes

You’re making me wana cry again :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Just couldn’t agree more with this

1 Like

Cool trailer,OP,Big Star Wars fan,miss George Lucas,but they did a good job on this trilogy.For my son to get into Star Wars.

1 Like

@jvergoth I’d report him for that if he didn’t have my respect :joy:

Oh, and… (@GhostofDelta2)

@Saber_Skywalker Haha yes I guessed that somehow, I really should’ve given you a mention in the starting post to be fair :joy:. Respect :fist:. Anyway originally I had no problem with the Game of Thrones directors but after that really, REALLY disappointing pathetic rushed ending that took two years to make, I don’t want them near Star Wars! Seriously they missed so much opportunities, sure we got the Clegane Bowl but what about that Night King? No showdown, just Jon Snow able to magically dodge 100+ White Walkers and make it to safety due to plot armour.

Anyhoo, the good news is it’ll be set in the Old Republic so they can’t damage any of the Skywalker Saga’s characters. But then again, the same can’t be said for Revan, Sion, Nihilus, etc! :scream:

@Mr_Lengthy_ESQ Well said. I agree it was pretty much A New Hope rip off but it didn’t bother me. It was a safe play, despite the fact Starkiller Base was an entire planet so it’s destruction probably could’ve waited until The Last Jedi, but then again who knows what Rian would’ve messed up there. J.J Abrams should’ve been down to direct all 3 to begin with.

I felt the same and, for the first time, left the cinema in disgust at what I’d seen. He really did ruin Luke, but I’m not going to rant about him since this post would be endless.

The Emperor is legendary. In my opinion Lord Sidious’ power is far more immeasurable than we even believe it to be. It’s a bit crazy I’m not too surprised he survived the events of the Battle of Yavin since in legends (before Disney made it non-canon) he survived and transferred his soul multiple times to several clones, even trying to possess the son of a Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade.

Hearing his voice and seeing that Throne in the trailer is epic beyond all proportions but I suppose my only concern is that it could slightly undermine Lord Vader’s sacrifice to save his son. But saying that, I’m expecting the spirit of Anakin to return to help, if not fully, defeat the Emperor once and for all.

But we’ll see.

1 Like

LOVE this - I did read Dark Empire and Empire’s End, where what you are referring to happens and his spirit is finally defeated. I’d venture a guess that we will see something similar, but not exact, to that storyline.

THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS POTENTIAL SPOILERS

[spoiler]My assumption is that Sidious traveled to the Unknown Regions after the defeat in a severely weakened state and began to consolidate power both physically from Sith ruins/artifacts and militarily with leftover star destroyers in an effort to regain eventual control over the galaxy.

Since Ben Solo / Kylo is currently in a redemption arc, I would assume that he will be defeated by Rey, though not killed, and have a change of heart - or “see the light” - so to speak. It would then be Rey and Ben vs. Palpatine - which I think is the Emperor’s motive anyway - to siphon power from their combined connection to the force, in an effort to restore himself physically. Either Rey or Ben will sacrifice their life for the other during their fight with Sidious (most likely Ben) and that death will awaken the force spirits within Rey which will combine to defeat Sidious once and for all. Rey will finally be revealed to be Palpatine’s granddaughter before the fight, and after he is gone, she will assume the name of Skywalker, hence the title of Episode 9.

Or, if that doesn’t happen, maybe we’ll just get a 3 hour Canto Bight montage.[/spoiler]

EDIT: The blur spoiler function is not working so I apologize!!!

1 Like

You will be forever lost til you watch Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, the best Star Trek and Star Wars film.:hushed::anguished::astonished: