Spending more time here

Im just tired of the drastic point swings I get. The most I get for winning is no more than 500. But when I lose Im losing thousands of points. Its stupid. They said they fixed this but its not fixed.

3 Likes

I’m really interested to see how you can possibly defend the game for scoring me negatively for that insane match. That entire game was me vs their entire team, my team could barely walk out of spawn. You have to understand there’s only so much a single player can do with air heads for teammates. I’m still in disbelief

6 Likes

lmfao I’m dead! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The ranking system was probably expecting you to get 2048 elims with a side order of fries in that match. System was definitely not impressed by your performance to give you -16pts.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

The game literally expects the world from me, i’m slowly losing points every game i play despite being top of my scoreboard EVERY game (literally not exaggerating) whether i win or lose. It really puts me off playing ranked in Gears 5 knowing no matter how good i do i just lose points

4 Likes

Because rank is broken

Yea. I know how you feel. Rank is still broken

Has there been any thoughts on changing the ranking system to look at eliminations and not kills? A lot for these problems are people looking at eliminations and thinking they’re kills. They also get the points for the eliminations but the skill system doesn’t register them correct? Feel like that would make the system a bit more lenient as well. Right now I still think it’s to hard to move to have people see progression when they hit the gold and silver ranks

I pitched this a few times and think it’s a solid idea. A sniper variant Kait could even keep the stealth Ult with cards helping to make it impactful for a sniper role. That way she keeps some consistency and ot jives with TC’s hive connection rationale. I’ve got a few pages of skill cards written up for kicks.

Variants for any existing characters would allow much less work creating. They could share cards, have similar or identical Ults and already have full voice sets.

Edit: Node may have acknowledged the suggestion, though it wasn’t a confirmation or anything.

There’s no hive mind connection thing going in Horde. Instead, it’s some sort of cloak generator, which isn’t visible on Kait’s model in Horde. Node does state in the post where he says this that they initially went with the Swarm connection thing but scrapped the idea later on. Because of confusion around Jack’s cloak… which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. How would someone not be able to differentiate between a cloaked floating bot and a human?

@N0DEZER0 You said we shouldn’t be seeing thousands of point swings after the fixes went live.

But it’s still happening. Can you explain why this is still an issue and if it will be fixed for TU3?

The loss bias is far too high. It’s not fair to lose anywhere from 700>1500 (max I’ve seen) points for a loss when you can gain nowhere near that for a win.

I’ve had a 800 point loss for MVP too. The loss/gain ratio should be the same. It’s hugely biased towards loss still.

It causes a situation where you can have gained 600 points in total from 4 MVP games for instance, but still MVP or play well in the next game and completely lose all the points you gained in the previous 4 games. That is very harsh, do you agree?

I didn’t see this brought up in the ranking podcast.

Thanks

5 Likes

@N0DEZER0

So I noticed that the camera is zooming in and out on the character.

The character stands still. And if you just hold the joystick forward the camera zooms out. If you release the joystick the camera zooms back in. Same with running.

I do believe this causes a lot of miss judged shots hipfiring. Because everytime the player moves the camera is in different location behind the player. This probably causes nausea as well. Its really annoying. Please fix this problem with the camera.

1 Like

Sorry If this was mentioned before, I did not see it, so will quickly mention just in case. There is a glitch now that if you host a Horde Custom Lobby, all your skins and custom executions will not load, everything will be default.

This seems to happen when you launch the game before anyone joins your lobby(i.e. all bots). It also seems to happen if you join someone else’s match in progress. Hoping this can be addressed in a TU soon. Thanks & keep up the great work! Now if you’ll excuse me, it’s Gears 5 time!

1 Like

Doing God’s work with your informative rants, my friend.

2 Likes

You missed my question.

Gears 2 insane…torque, boomshot and the gorgon a must…seen many games saved/clutched with shield in hand…with trusty gorgon in other😉

1 Like

@N0DEZER0

Can we have custom load outs in versus? (I.E. Hammerburst, Retro, Overkill.) Gears 3 had this and it provided a richer gameplay experience, and more diversity. You could lose to a player and then change load out to counter theirs and be able to stay in the game longer.

I know you have a list of things you want to address before making “luxury” changes like this. But I think you have a wide selection of weapons at your disposal but they are left in the shadows or are a power weapon. I don’t mean to change it across the board but maybe in quickplay. Have a playlist where you can pick your load out, with the exception of a select few.

I also think a dev playlist should make a return. I’m sure it will provide you with data that you might not get from social media or the forums.

@N0DEZER0

Why dont you guys switch horde to skin lock instead of character lock? Or just make it like Gears 4 with picking a class? This way you guys can release more characters at a time and not drip feed us characters. I feel once you guys get to a certain point you’ll run out of ideas for abilities

Also you guys gotta do something about the enemies. It becomes too repetitive after a while. Theres way too many leeches and not enough actual enemies

2 Likes

Cause “lore” apparently.

And the whole we need to create the class before releasing characters feels like an excuse to drip feed us the content. They can just as easily tell us that they’ll release the characters as soon as they’re made for versus and then release them for horde once they get the classes made. I don’t think anyone is going to be mad at that…

2 Likes

Hi mate. You are spot on about running out of abilities. It was a stupid idea from the off that I would say 99% of us hardcore NEVER wanted.

Trying to appease the new player base yet again…you know the ones that have left!

4 Likes