Spending more time here

Agreed. We are working on doing this for ranked for sure. We’ll see about the rest.

1 Like

The kill should go to whomever downed them, or gibbed them. We will take care of this when we overhaul the scoreboard.

4 Likes

Is this the extra clip ejection bug?

We will turn our attention to re-evaluating all the input delays and any possible input lag after we get our major issues settled and operation 2 out the door.

4 Likes

Great point. I’ll bring it up with Jamie, our combat designer.

2 Likes

Our initial take on assignments was based partly on what gameplay we wanted and what the spirit of the characters were. The first batch weren’t as clean as we would like it.

Del - According to our lore team he is an engineer. He’s the one fixes the fabricator etc.
Marcus - Marcus being the central characters in gears ethos, we thought he’d fit best as an example of the core combat. Cover + Lancer
Kait - her stealth ability was originally intended to be an invisibility to the swarm due to her connection to the hive mind but the confusion with the jack cloak ability ended up with everyone thinking that it was that.Her role as the scout felt really natural as it’s her role in the campaign to be out in the wild.
Fahz - I admit this isn’t the best pairing, but yes, his ability to see through walls was inspired by the glasses and the cool gameplay. We needed a sniper and as the only other COG officer, it wasn’t impossible that he could do that role.

2 Likes

We are reconsidering how we structure our playlists. It might help address some of your concerns.

2 Likes

We have a lot of data that shows the teams are pretty fair. We won’t start a match that has lower than a 40% win percentage for either team.

I’ve been looking into this. We’ve found a very small percent of matches with someone who doesn’t belong there. We are investigating it. It may be what you are seeing.

Just to clarify you mean the system will have say a 40% prediction for one team and a 60% prediction for the other? (and that is the extreme end).

In the future it will be possible. At this point, it’s not unfortunately.

1 Like

We actually do have the communication aspect factored in when matchmaking. When you play as a squad, two, three, four or five, your effective skill is modified based on many people are in your team. It’s calculated based on an AI algorithm that looks at all the matches ever played to determine how much being on those team sizes impacts winning.

I see. The context + video makes more sense. I think we have this logged, but I will double check.

1 Like

The programmers are aware and working hard on fixing any crashes.

What more could we do to help the PC players?

1 Like

Quitters make the game worse for everyone, it makes it really hard to judge performance.

1 Like

You can trade weapons with other players.

I do wish that we could make this work. I think proximity chat is cool. But tbh these days, not a lot of people talk on live games anymore. I remember when there used to be so much talking in lobbies, but now, I rarely hear someone. Most people that play in squad, are on party chat. We can’t pull them out of party chat.

What we could potentially do is layer it on top. Hmm. I’ll think about this.

2 Likes

Are you saying you want voice proximity or typing chat proximity?

I’d have to sit down and do a deep dive on it. I’m not sure what is technically possible in the game vs just what happens frequently / infrequently. There wasn’t an intention to be less gory.

I’ll look into when I have more time.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry but that kind of support is really more the community team or the xbox support team. I have so much Gears 5 to respond to here and to develop the game, I don’t really have time to do Gears 4 support.

Tagging @TC_Octus again.