Spawn on Old Town

Does anyone else think that that spawning at the lower end of Old Town puts you at a disadvantage?
With every other map, you spawn in equal in height and distance. But in Old Town, depending on where you spawn, you or your opponents automatically have the high ground

I feel it only affects the play for nades. If I spawn COG side, they’re not getting nades.
The other two power weapons are on gradual slopes that don’t really affect anything IMO. In fact, I have better luck getting boom/drop out of Swarm spawn. Maybe it’s that one extra cover, IDK.

1 Like

The map is horribly unbalanced IMO. The top side has a huge advantage at the mid fight due to high ground. But the low side has a speed advantage to the Boom (on GoW3 at least - not sure about this game).

So yeah, it’s just a whole lot of awkward fights and random advantages. At least it looked good on GoW3 lol. I hate it in this game.

This is the first (and only) Gears that I have ever played, so I don’t know how it compares to previous installments. But yes, Old Town feels very uneven.

I must ask: do you spawn up top, run to the gate above frags, look down and shout…

2 Likes

Hahaha! I should.
But dude. Never speak of the Star Wars prequels in my presence. Like Ever

1 Like

Alright, no problem.

1 Like

Please no…:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

1 Like

Too tempting. :joy:

1 Like

Of course…lol

1 Like