So will the hit detection ever be fixed with this game?

Hi everyone,

I am not trolling or throwing hate towards TC for the game. I LOVE gears and have loved the games since Gears 1. I know this has been talked about to death but I am getting sick of being in matches where I get 98 or 99% damage on people only for them to blow me away in one shot. I don’t know if it’s just gnasher hit detection glitches or just host advantage. I know gears multiplayer has always had BS ( it’s kinda part of the charm at this point) but it’s beyond ridiculous now. I honestly just think host advantage never left the series… Here we are at gears 5 and I sometimes think this is gears 2 lol.

3 Likes

No host advantage.

99% isn’t 100% - therefore, close but not cigar. Happens to everyone.

2 Likes

Yea I am not convinced there isn’t host. I gotten ONE SHOT downed after spawning from some guy who got 98% damage on me. But I shot guys and get 98-99% damage and they just eat it and blow me away. That has to be host advantage.

Well that’s fine if you believe that.

I’m simply stating what has been confirmed.

3 Likes

Gnashers are miniture slot machines that randomly decide whether to insta down/gib or 99% based on a number of factors such as ping etc.

2 Likes

Hopefully gears 6 everything will be fixed

Well it’s mad how they got it so right on gears 4 yet they’ve messed about with it no end on gears 5.

2 Likes

Have you ever considered that you missed your shots before?

Not that 5 has a great tuning or anything but sometimes it is actually your fault :sweat_smile:

To be fair I only got my xbox one like half way through OP 7 so I wouldn’t know about gears 4 multiplayer. Apparently Gears 4 had lot of free lance devs so maybe they knew what they were doing or something.

99% isn’t a miss. P sure you need to hit every pellet to 99%.

It is a miss lmao.

How can you miss if all pellets hit?

Did you consider range?

If you mean “miss the 100% shot” and not “miss your shot” then yes I have considered it.

Edit: I mentioned ping because as EU I’m almost always 100+ ping VS 50 ping max lol

Shotgun was just far more consistent and punishing (as it should be). Especially the comp tuning if I recall.

1 Like

Maybe you weren’t in range for a 100%

It sucks but it happens.

Comp tuning was like UE tuning I think, with the exception of the movement.

I never was into comp tuning but I’d totally prefer it over what we have now.

1 Like

Whether he is or isn’t 99%s are faaaaaar to common and infuriating.

I’d happily see a slight gib range increase to eliminate that constant crap.

3 Likes

I’m almost certain my ping makes a difference. Especially when there’s countless times I’ve point blank muzzle flashed and I still died with zero pellets firing.

I’m sure it does.