So thoughts on Brawl

Brawl and Control are just minor changes to TDM and Koth. why do you do that?
More important again 5v5, everything generally requires more action

It’s terrible, worse than normal “TDM” by far. Reminds of free for all constantly getting snuck up on because people can spawn anywhere and camping is even worse in this mode.

DODGEBRAWL…

Nothing new with this mode except bad players can now eat up more lives.

2 Likes

Not true, my team was in boom on nexus and i spawned at the hammerburst.

2 Likes

Yeah the spawns are wonky at times

2 Likes

There are lives in this mode?

1 Like

Yes, 20 respawns.

They still haven’t fixed when one team have no lives and someone joins and u have to wait it out or quit the game and wont spawn as MANY ppl dont realise this is a bug,:sleepy:

4 Likes

Had one or two dance parties because of that yesterday.

2 Likes

What makes it worse is that the original team see whats happening so they leave and more ppl join🤦‍♂️

1 Like

Well I have my 5 wins so now I would honestly leave too, such a waste really.

1 Like

i’ll just quote the blog post.

Players no longer respawn at the traditional static TDM spawn points. They will instead spawn throughout the map – nearer to their teammates and as far from enemies as reasonably possible.

2 Likes

It’s like TDM, but a lot better in my opinion

2 Likes

I was thinking about trying it but limited lives sound terrible along with the bug, like what if my teammate is garbage and feeds kills to the enemy team? Kind of reminds me of the limited lives in Halo firefight

Its the same in all modes and why ranked is bad for our health… To much rage due to donkey teammates.

2 Likes

welcome to TDM :smile:

also, it’s an event not ranked. nobody cares about losing in Bunny Hunt either

2 Likes

im giving it a miss because of a horrendous connection problem I am having.

From what little I played its fairly the same as TDM. A bit too campy for my liking but thats mostly on the players I am running into. Other than that no I would not vote for it to be into ranked but if the players want it then have it lol.

1 Like

The connection on brawl has been wonky but thankfully I’ve only ran into a couple of campy lobbies. Most of them has been each team pushing non stop or 1v1s.

Brawl is the same difference as TDM. 5 extra lives and extended time on map based weapons

Like all quickplay events it has the usual problems that brings.

The actual mode is just a better TDM but still has issues of unbreakable setups on certain maps. Usually the best play for the leading team is to just stay in one portion of the map which is defendable rather than taking the fight to the opposing team.

I think calling it Brawl was a mistake as this seems to be a war of attrition rather than a Brawl in the local pub/bar.

1 Like

I wish it was because I can play on a wonky connection but this is like playing a game that has already happened. I was in a game where I ran to the other side of the map only for the game to put me back to point of origin where I was gibbed by a player who wasn’t there lol

For me the top event TC made was Control. I thought it was a great shake up on KOTH and really enjoyed. Brawl has not met that standard but that may vary on the players I am matching with and against lol.