So lets talk about this K/D bs

So… im not here to call any body out… but i am so tired of this community throwing K/Ds out like higher K/Ds have more authority in how the game is played… n u know what i say to u… ■■■■ right off.

Why? Simple… got into a discussion with a gentlemen on another thread, he had no interest in talking about his video claims unless i showed him my stats n he was throwing numbers at me (mostly his K/D) like it ■■■■■■ meant anything… which it didnt… he wanted to compare stats to see if i knew the game at all…though he had no real counters to my claims in his video other than. I think i would have been fine kn other gearz which was a lie… gears 2 gnasher was stronger. Gears 3 gnasher with actives he still would have been one shot down (maybe not if not actived, i admit.) N gears 1 because of its poor random pellet spread mechanic making the gnasher an inconsistent mess, he may have lived or had his ■■■■■■ head ripped clean off. I admit, goes both ways like a bisexual. Lmao

Anyway…
listen, u wanna talk mechanics, ill prove i know what i am talking about in any and ALL gears… at almost any time in there update history and prior to updates… however, i already know he has a higher K/D than me probably. why? Cause he probably uses gnasher majority of the time. (Which is fine as he could be a very talented slayer role)

However, ever since mid way through gears 3 or little after midway in its lifespan, I have been simply running whatever role is needed on my team. Which guess what in ANY gears… its almost always the support role that needs to be filled… because no one knows how to pistol or lancer off spawn n move forward to support those actually talented gnasher players… so i get stuck getting eliminations CONSTANTLY cause of this n generate large amount of kills for gnasher players but almost never myself… (majority of time, i solo q in ranked) or in previous gears, i have like 30 downs n 5 kills…

So of course this dudes kd would probably be higher… now i could be totally wrong on him and his playstyle but i am not honestly calling that person out. I am simply using him as an example. i admit. He may have been a support player who is extremely talented also with the gnasher. However i doubt it it took me years to stop my gnasher obssessed mentallity where everyone else was trash at the game for simply using a lancer, etc. N this seems to be a very common and toxic ■■■ mentality in this series of games… Remember i was guilty of this… so im nkt hating or blaming anyone. (I was also younger obviously when i played gears 1-3 n all that. In school. 4 and 5 i was out for a while by thay point n dead or alives oMASTERo really opened my eyes in video games cause much of the stuff he taught me in doa could have been applied to gears which i know some people will not be able to understand how. But thats fine. Ull get there i hope.)

What i am trying to say is, just because u have a higher k/d than me, does not mean i am not a ■■■■■■ great player… i could be bad with gnasher even (im not) but i could still be a god damn amazing team player and guess what… all modes r a team based shooter in majority for ranked… ffa is trash imo but not the point. Its the only non team mode in gears… (ffa is fun but not what im talkimg about when i say its trash)

Listen, if u have a high K/D, thats great.but shut the ■■■■ up n talk about the game… then u will see who knows what they are talking about … i dont know… what do u all think of this “my k/d is higher so i must be better and smarter than u crap?” I think its pure arrogance n exactly how i acted as a ■■■■■■■ child… its ■■■■■■ė. N yes i am using that word right tc. Its a hinderence, which is what it means… i am not insulting intelligence…

Ur stats do not make you more qualified or entitled to talk about subjects just because another player has sloghtly differing stats.

3 Likes

As I has always said about K/D…I wonder if people put that on their resume’ and that helps them get a higher paying job? Like seriously, it’s a video game and I HIGHLY doubt these people are “pros” and get paid to play.

5 Likes

Lol i cant stand elitists. The mechanics dont change at higher rank the game just speeds up. But i watched those videos, and i didnt see anything out of sync with this game’s current tuning.

3 Likes

Not to mention i turned off aim assist yesterday and its actually better for gnasher battles to have it off for multiple reasons. So the aim assist thing is nonsense.

2 Likes

It’s just macho posturing. Like “my dad can beat up your dad” or “my willy is bigger than your willy” but the online gaming equivalent.

2 Likes

To answer the thread. I agree.
Right now i think the biggest issue in G5 when it comes to stats is ELIMS.
I get tired of people labeling there Elims as Kills as if they are truly carrying players. its a Bloated stat that has nothing to do with the performance of players because there is no way 5 players can have 40 elims but different point values, it makes no sense.

TC give us this across the board

• Caps*
  • Kills
  • Downs
  • Elims
  • Deaths
3 Likes

I agree with this. Im not sure why they even changed to eliminations, and then went through the trouble of changing all the points for Caps and breaks. Eliminations are just making it seem like people are doing better than they really are. Not to mention Eliminations dont count towards the ranking system. Only K/D and caps currently matter. Although that is eventually going to change.

1 Like

I get the drift of your post with that first paragraph.

With that said…

3.6 K/D back on TDM Gears 3 years ago. Godlike. Say it to me. DO IT!

1 Like

I agree.

I cant stand getting killed from behind. Its where most of my deaths come from. My k d would be insane if it werent for tht.

My k/d total is .99 on ranked
And i think 1.8 to 1.9 on quickplay

Im fine with tht. id like to get it above 1.00 though but im not stressing. It is wht it is.

1 Like

My K/D is 589.8 in KOTH, 06 vet here and i’m deeply offended by this thread.

5 Likes

K/D in 2020 LuL. What really matters is FFA wins.

3 Likes

You always want to have a good set of extracurriculars. Serious employers will value the fact that you’re 1337 and can carry more than some pssy debate club or student government nonsense.

1 Like

That is impressive Sir!

1 Like

Quick match?

Even the pro’s don’t have high kds. A lot of the big name pros seem to be around 1.3-1.5 K/D in Gears 5.

KD doesn’t really mean much.

yeah, this is no different from the “pros” telling us “we are the best at this game, so we should have the biggest say in what the game is like”. Sorry, no… The largest population of the gamers should have the largest say, and those are the average people, in the middle of the distribution… not the really good or the really bad :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats like saying size doesnt matter, its only the people with small numbers that agree. I agree with you K/D and inches dont matter.

1 Like

Nah sir. If ur tiny. Its a problem. There is no getting around tht one. It :grin:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Actually my K/D is bigger than my winky.

2 Likes

Dude, this is one of my biggest problems w/mp right now. I loved playing koth because Im older and cant really scratch that competitive itch i used to get playing actual sports. I love breaking a cap as time is expiring. I love trying to hold a hill and keep the points rolling. I.love gunning down someone trying to break me. I love storming the hill and trying to break. But lately, koth is nothing but a place to farm elims and up your k/d. I had a diamond player tell me verbatim last night that he had played 8 koth matches the night before and he literally had 0 caps in 8 matches. Basically koth is just a “friendlier and easier” place to get elims and rank up b/c he can get a lot of elims and up his K/d.
Imagine playing football, but you never tried to score any points to win. All you did was throw the safest 5 yard passes you could, w/ your only intention being to have as many completions that you could have w/o throwing an interception. But then asking the running back to fumble to.give it to the other team once you got close to the end zone b/c you didnt even want to take a chance of throwing an interception into the endzone. You never want to win the game, you just wanna have the most epic stats. What does that get you? Just a title…a diamond rated passer. What does rank in gears even get you. Its really sad that most guys now would prefer to have a diamond by their name then complete objectives and win an obhective based game, and really compete while doing it. Instead of trying to figure out how to kill as many people as possible while dying as little as possible. Or just sticking w/team deathmatch.

2 Likes