Slugger is difficult. Need tips

Hello, I’ve recently gotten my Slugger up to level 20 and am not having much success. Before leveling Slugger, I’d watch other people play Slugger and they would get MVP every wave just by throwing grenades nonstop. It looked so easy that even a braindead monkey could do it.

I’ve quickly come to learn that you need a very high IQ to play Slugger. There’s almost a million calculations you need to do on the fly - grenade arch, grenade travel distance, grenade detonation delay and a keen ability to predict your AI opponent. With this knowledge, I feel like Slugger is the most difficult class in the game to play as, taking the number one spot from the Demolitions.

I think I have a solution to my problems though: host my own game and demand deposits. With a constant stream of deposits, I’ll have a bottomless amount of frags and more frags means more damage. Furthermore, if some silly engineer puts the fab far away from me, I will move it closer so that I don’t have as much downtime between running for grenade purchases. I think these two ideas are the solutions to my problem and only then will I get MVP every wave like a true gamer rightfully should.

Lastly, I wanted advice on my build. A class like Slugger is so versatile that sometimes its difficult to choose my cards and I get decision paralysis. I included a screenshot of my current Slugger build and am hoping to get some critique about what to change.

2 Likes

For your sake, I hope this post is sarcasm.

4 Likes

Make sure to leave all your cards at level 1.

6 Likes

Best advice I’ve seen in this thread. I assure you, I’ll make sure to do that.

1 Like

People use the legendary card?

I don’t think so, though I’ve seen it used in Escape and seemed good for a map like The Link.

1 Like

It’s useful for Escape. Your alternative there is more planted grenades or score boosts.

I, like TC, often forget Escape exists.

Wow…first time seeing a class with Lv 20 having Lv 1 cards…

:no_mouth:

What Clock runs do to a person.

6 Likes

My goal for this class was to keep every card level 1 and not earn any additional cards. My plan was foiled when 2 people shut the safe room door, earning me one card.

1 Like

Achievement - “Clock Grindmaster” unlocked

1 Like

LOL, nice satire!

2 Likes

Level grenade cards to 6 play them all and set traps. Especially in spawns.

Am I doing this right? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve played with you before and know you are absolutely capable of tearing things up with Slugger. Is this post serious?

Well not sure how many know this,

But with the sluggers reworked penatration card, if you do nexus seige with a map with a tri shot or Mulcher . You get the old card effects of more ammo with the current card effects.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Use your 114400 gold to buy and max out the two score cards. This will help you become king (or queen) of the slugs.

3 Likes

I’ve played with him using other classes and I refuse to accept this is real. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s a satire post, made for all my fellow Slugger haters everywhere. I usually dodge lobbies with a Slugger, especially as Blademaster.

1 Like