Skill cards not working in Horde

Hi, can anyone explain to me why when I join a Horde match that my skill cards for the character aren’t working?

It’s happened so many times to me now and I find it frustrating as it is pretty much impossible to have an impact in the match without the skills working!

search button

1 Like

Yeah thanks done that already, if you can link me a post to explain it I’m all ears

There are plenty of threads out there so if you’ve used sensible search terms and sort by date then you’ll find them. I’m not that helpful a person. :wink:

3 Likes

its a known issue. As a temporary workaround try unequipping your skills and reequipping them, This is fixing it for most users.

1 Like

Yiu have to return to main menu and then restart again, pain in the ■■■■

That worked! Thanks guys for the help, much appreciated!

1 Like

I did this for all my characters and don’t have that issue anymore.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I just upgraded my extended rifle mag skill card to level 6 (veteran class) and now it doesn’t work at all. I’ve tried reequipping, going back to the main menu, and restarting the game. The card simply died when I leveled it up. I always start horde mode with 460 lancer rounds with or without the extended rifle mag skill card equipped. I’ve tested other cards to make sure they function and they do.

Workaround for this one’s easy, don’t use the veteran class.

1 Like

Does that card really change the amount of ammo you carry? I don’t currently use it, but as I remember it only increases magazine capacity, ie you don’t have to reload as often.

1 Like

you also get more from pickups (boxes)

1 Like

Yeah, pickups are someway calculated from magazine size, so that makes sense. Forgot about that.

1 Like

Personal opinion: not that useful a card, for that class, there are better options :grin:

1 Like

Fairly sure it only extends the ammo in the mag and not your actual ammo count.

1 Like

I can think of one use (kind of niche though):
Get more ammo from boxes in Escape.

1 Like

The only time Extended Mag card was useful to me was on one escape map with ammo starvation mod. I was able to get more ammo out of the box as Veteran.

1 Like

True that. Although I’d like to complete the class eventually. Veteran is pretty useful when cover helps against difficulty modifiers like shock rifles, shock grenadiers, freezing snipers, and more lethal. I had all 4 in the same daily horde match along with really lousy offensive classes as teammates!

1 Like

It was said in jest my mate. Hopefully you get it completed.

1 Like

I tested it and you’re right! It only changes mag capacity and not total ammo. So the extended rifle mag skill card means your character holds less mags but larger ones. This is crazy because I thought the number of mags didn’t change thus increasing total ammo as well. Here’s the zinger, I use to have nearly 1000 rounds in my lancers using the veteran class so was my skill card glitching out before to give me all that extra ammo or did an update change the way the skill card works?

I remember the exact number of rounds: retro = 600, regular lancer = 920. I think my extended rifle mag skill card was at level 5 (100% extended mag) when this was happening. These ammo totals are exactly double the rounds you normally get with those lancers. This may be a reoccurring glitch with the skill card specifically at level 5. Darn, I had to upgrade it to level 6. Just kidding, I’d rather play fair anyway.