Sires ruin the horde experience

Nothing pisses me off more than being grabbed from behind by a sire in horde. ■■■■ Sires. TC needs to fix this ■■■■. Happens too damn much.

1 Like

Brave Sir Robin ran away.

1 Like

I blame team mates who can’t be bothered to rescue you,so i just play with bots so unless your really far away or the battle for the bots get outta hands,the bots will save you at least 4/5 times,but it could go either way if your not being some what on the lookout for sires.

1 Like

Initially I hated sires in Horde, but I’ve come around.

What remains BS is the fact you can no longer chainsaw them. While this would decrease the threat greatly for anyone with a lancer, very few players if any will have one in the first place.

3 Likes

At the very least, I’d like to be able to break out of their grab on my own instead of having to hope a teammate can shoot them off of me(and just being screwed when I’m playing solo, which is how I prefer to play even if it’s the “wrong” way).

3 Likes

I dont understand why you cant break out of the grab. You can win a chainsaw duel, you can shove pouncers off of you, but you cant break out of a sires grab? Wow logic. Also why cant you chainsaw or retro charge sires? You can in the campaign, so why not in horde? Sires were awesome in gears 2, they were tough to kill but you could just saw them with your lancer. Also, their melee had wicked range and it hurt but it was avoidable. Now sires are just a cheap way to get killed. Lastly, sires make absolutely no noise now except when they’re about to grab you. In gears 2 they made a destinct sound and it could be heard even when the sire was a good distance from you giving you a good amount of time to react. Now in gears 5 by the time you here the grab sound its usually to late and you get grabed. its dumb.

3 Likes

What ruins horde is playing 50 waves and then receiving the “connection error” message, meaning you get nothing. This happens about 50 percent of the time. I’m trying to like this game. There are improvements over 4. For one, public horde isn’t broken this time around due to quitters and the stupid scout/engineer dynamic. But given the amount of money you people charge for scrap, it’s gross to still have this glitch in the game.

2 Likes

I mostly play solo and its the worst when a Sire grabs you in Horde and Escape. Specially when your almost done with a wave when it happens. My worst experience was getting grabbed by a Sire in Escape at the Helipad and being pulled inside the closing door. He dragged me like half way through the level before he ripped my head off. Now I look around every where and run and then shoot them. They suck.

1 Like

More like bravely got dragged away while no team mates attempted a rescue.

1 Like

Please tell me some one got the joke.

1 Like

I like them. Yeah there a pain and constantly take me for a walk. But it’s not the sires that are the problem, it’s team mates that can’t be bothered to help you but are the first to moan when you don’t help them.
I missed them in gow 3 and wanted them back and am still pleased they are.

2 Likes

yea lets remove that left 4 dead stolen mobs.

Lol I was doing a solo horde run just for a ToD and a Sire grabbed me and dragged me all the way to the end of the train tracks where the train came right on queue.

Pretty amusing thinking about it now, of course it wasn’t so then :slight_smile:

1 Like

They were in gears 2 when u had them from wave 1-50 (if u could make it,Sadly I didn’t) back on subject,been hit a few times dragging me,then rip my characters head off.but teamwork is a must,nothing I did to try and resist them,I couldn’t get loose😢

That’s… that’s enough music for now, lads… looks like there’s dirty work afoot.

2 Likes

There’s nothing broken about Sires. They make for an interesting potential threat and should be a priority target if they get too close.

It sounds like the fault is with your team’s awareness, or your base defences. Anyway, their grab is clearly telegraphed and easily evaded. Jack can quickly stun the Sire. A flashbang will work too.

I think players should be punished for mistakes, and we really do not need the difficulty dumbing down.

1 Like

Then in Solo play we should at least be able to mash the escape button and be able to actually escape their hold. That is all I want really. Other than that I don’t mind them much.

I literally s**t my pants when I see a sire, the amount of times I have been doing a medal run and at the last minute one decides to jump at me making me start all over :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

A better way around that I think would be to improve the bot AI and allow them to use different abilities and load-outs. Right now they are beyond stupid. They even try to attack KAT’s decoy Ultimate :expressionless:

They are no more deadly then a Scion with an explosive weapon or a Kamikaze Juvie