Shotgun inconsistency

Shotgun inconsistency ruined this game. The fact that you have to hope and pray your shot doesn’t do 99 in 1 all the time is ridiculous. How do you turn the game into a shotgun fest… Then turn around and make a shotgun that has the worst consistency compared to any other gears game ever made? How do you manage to pull that off? Boy do I wish Epic still owned this franchise.

7 Likes

Tbh I dropped Versus entirely this operation besides customs with my friends.

It’s not worth it anymore.

8 Likes

Or…

Hear me out…

You could learn the gib range.

7 Likes

You mean the same gib range that got me 99 in 1 while I get killed? That gib range? You mean the same gib range that will change with the next update? The same gib range that changed with ever OP so far? Oh yes… That gib range. Let me learn it for it to change in a week again. You get paid to defend the coalition or you just believe this game is actually good?

6 Likes

GIb range hasn’t change since mid April.

Rather poor excuse tbh.

3 Likes

Simple consistency would make it worth while

2 Likes

I think you’re forgetting that it isn’t as simple as learning the Gib range. There’s massive inconsistencies with connection,Hit registration and bullet magnetism. You can hit someone in the optimal Gib range and still get denied a kill.

I get that a lot of bad players complain because they’re bad but a lot of people also do have issue’s with this game that they can’t control.

9 Likes

I think it’s easier to simply blame the game rather than facing the hard truth.

2 Likes

Oh it is, but the truth also is that Versus in gears is in a sad state compared to past titles.

People can be bad sports but a broken game is a broken game.

8 Likes

The hard truth is the game is inconsistent. The shotgun is inconsistent. Hit detection is inconsistent. The game is bad. Period… The only reason I still play is cuz I’ve been playing since gears 1. This game is a mess and they refuse to fix it. The games dead.

6 Likes

That’s not an excuse to keep playing a bad game, I myself have been playing gears 4 like many others are going back to.

4 Likes

It’s the only reason I haven’t left this ■■■■ franchise in the dust. I would go back to gears 4.but then I have to relearn a whole different game again… Cuz ya know inconsistency

3 Likes

Ha, judgment shotgun laughs

1 Like

i know it definitely sound harsh but i think it’s true bout learning the gib range. it hasn’t changed in some time, and now the 99% is just how the new percentages work.

half a character’s foot can make the difference so if you are strafing and get killed it can seriously look like it was the same range…but no, that half step they take when strafing up and shooting is the difference.

i really wish TC could get a popular pro or youtuber and just show this on a dev stream.

now, there are inconsistencies as it is an online game but i certainly know people who dont complain about 99s often because they know the gib range.

1 Like

I’ve barrel stuffed people with the gnasher it’s definitely not gib range. I’ve been 2 shot downed from 3 shot range. I’ve shot people twice in two shot range and didn’t down them until I melee’d them down. Stop acting like it doesn’t happen.

1 Like

i know

Learning the gib range is great, but is kind of irrelevant in the situations where you appear to fire simultaneously and get gibbed vs 87-99%. I’ve been in gib range and landed a full spread but been gibbed in return.
It’s the games terrible online. Your opponents true position is almost almost always not what you see. It’s why you can fill your gnasher cursor with an enemy and get 2 hit markers.

Basically, the rubbish online makes everything bad about the game worse.

1 Like

Yea. But slowing the game down even more will fix everyones issues. Wont it???:thinking:

Did it fix any issues when they slowed it down to 600cc.
No. It did absolutely nothing. It just made the game feel more stiff and slow.
As for the shot gun. Maybe tc needs to bump up the adhesion a notch when opponents are within a certain distance.
It would probably fix the issue more than break it.

Still the same issues since 2006… And still no communication about this problem… Tc and epic its the same… It’s not the gnasher, it’s about net code, lag compensation…

4 Likes

Stop acting like you do not miss your shots! :laughing:

2 Likes