Shame on Dana Sissons

Have a look at this:

It’s from yesterday’s Developer Stream and is probably one of the most bizarre things I’ve heard in a long time.

Our very own Dana Sissons, the Director of Communications at Microsoft for Gears of War, claiming that Scotland’s flag is provincial and that Scotland itself is not it’s own country.

Now at first when he said “provincial” I put the blame down to some moronic employee at Microsoft rather than Dana, but then he continues to claim he has actual Scottish Heritage before finishing off with Scotland is not it’s own country.

Are you serious? You claim to have Scottish Heritage yet lack the very basic knowledge that it is it’s own country?!

In an instant, all respect for Dana is now diminished.

Poor Octus, if you look closely you can clearly see his reaction to such stupidity.

4 Likes

Yeah, very odd thing to say, and very divisive as well. I get that there are split views around Scotland and the Union, but the least he could have done was be more diplomatic about it. National identity is such a personal thing as well. And I say this as one of those English Imperialist Pigs! (just to be clear, I don’t personally identify as such…) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dana should stick on commenting about the game, and he’s not very good at that either… It wouldn’t surpise me that in the future got fired like Ryan…

13 Likes

What a complete and utter donkey, no respect for that guy now.

4 Likes

Retrospectively, I would have liked someone to challenge Dana on this view and highlight that the Hong Kong flag is sold in the store (as well as obviously Big Ol’ Mighty China). HK has never been a country - it’s a special administrative region and is part of China, but in terms of government operates independently (although this latter point is debatable, especially given recent events of the last few years).

3 Likes

Exactly. Great point, the existence of that flag contradicts his/Microsoft’s whole argument entirely.

Scotland its a country . @GB6_Kazuya

Freedom :slight_smile:

" They may take our Lives, but they will never take OUR FREDDOOOMMM "

( William Wallace)

9 Likes

Very true words my friend :joy:

Alba gu bràth!

1 Like

I’m guessing this poor excuse is the same reason for the welsh flag not being in the store?

of course man ALBA GU BRATH !!!

I’m mexican however I support fully the Scotland freedom and their customs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

More than likely. Ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

They’re probably like “Wales? As in Wales, England?”

3 Likes

I would love the Scottish flag in 5 just like we had it in 4. I hope none of his Scottish ancestors are still alive as that sort of chat gets 10 rapid to the jaw where I come from! The British flag makes me feel sick!

2 Likes

I have a couple of uni buds that work at MS (not Xbox) that tell me there 's a severe degeneracy problem going on in Big Tech every time we talk. This is another great example.

1 Like

My thinking man its that they should add the Scotland flag and another one with William wallace face. that would surely work.

1 Like

After that travesty we need him as a character. It’s the only solution to make up for that insolence.

2 Likes

amen to that… :slight_smile: I would surely pay 50 dollars without a doubt to play as William Wallace in Gears 5 … its one of the ultimate heroes.

If William Wallace was alive he would give the following message to Dana:

" Here are the Gears of War community Terms… lower the TC flags and ask forgiveness for several years of bad games, hero shooter garbage and excessive grinding on horde… do it now and TC employees will live… do it not and every one of you will be fired today "

1 Like

Wow… 101 Things you should not do before you die

1 Like

LOL, what an idiot

3 Likes

Sounds like a job for the freedom lancer ?

3 Likes