Server allocation errors - Aug 08, 2021

Anyone running in to server allocations errors today on Escape? Seems to be happening quite a bit.

1 Like

Been doing LE for most of today, not been having a single server allocation error. Though the game does love to get stuck sometimes and require a forced reset or crashes on its own after some time after the freeze.

Anyone concerned with my sanity, I have not been solely doing it but instead was busy with streams and videos while the TV screen was a background occupation.

1 Like

Yes, cant create public lobby in horde and having server allocation errors in escape. Not nice way to end xp event zzzzz

2 Likes

Yup, there seems to be long delays before I can connect, and then I get a message saying there’s not enough room for me.

Had another situation where I managed to join a lobby, but left as the host seemed to be AFK. about 3 minutes later I clicked on the same lobby and it had me as the host. so I joined my own lobby out of curiousity and was automatically made the host despite there already being two other people in it.

2 Likes

I’ve been experiencing all of those as well.

Guess the 4x event let the server overload :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Every 5 or so games, I get server allocation errors.

The GoW 4 Ghosts have arrived in 5…
The invasion begins

We’re all in this together buddy. :wink:

It’s actually sad such a solo method is WAY more efficient than anything else that requests teamplay. TC seriously messed up with the XP system in Gears 5. In Gears of War 4 people were at least doing Horde speedruns as a team.

5 Likes

Totally was thinking that earlier how it’s stupid that actually playing the game doesn’t really get you anywhere quickly. But the way the system only counts time and ribbons for XP while having a very limited number of ribbons available in PvE certainly doesn’t help this at all.

2 Likes

I did it myself as with my limited time it was a useful boost. But it’s very monotonous.

I’d much rather be doing complete Master Horde/Escape runs and at least that way you get better progress towards Class Levels and Medals.

1 Like

Even I did Horde runs but just in comparison you’re getting nowhere near as good progress as doing those solo methods.

For people like me who have maxed out everything before the drop, the implementation of the new Re-Ups was absolutely pointless. Let alone not granting XP retroactively…

1 Like

I know.

Pointless? Why, surely not! After all, you get some fantastic new bloodsprays!

In all seriousness, I know what you mean. It’s a very small effort that was made purely for the sake of an extra achievement and to make it look like TC had a plan.

1 Like

Reup 60? I hate to say it but I have a feeling there’s more to come even though this is the last operation. I just don’t trust TC.

Well it wouldn’t surprise me.

I certainly wouldn’t be bothering since there will likely be no achievement tied to it.

1 Like

I hope not.

1 Like

There won’t be. I think Shauny confirmed this was the last achievement drop for Gears 5. :slight_smile:

2 Likes