Say something positive about gears 5! Seriously

Pc peeps might counter that delta🤣

1 Like

I finally thought of one.

In Gears 5 I haven’t been ripped off by TC selling me reworked launch maps as part of a Season Pass.

2 Likes

I knew you’d come around eventually.

1 Like

Praetor Helmet edition I hope.

1 Like

The Campaign is so good! Me and a buddy played it on Co-op split screen like the good ol’ days. We also completed it on insane which took over 30 hours! Now I’m doing it again to get all the components / relic weapons / collectables on intermediate and I can really appreciate the story and the graphics! the game looks incredible on full screen!

I’ve always been a big horde guy and been digging the new features they have put in each year. I will say that 4 is my favorite horde mode ever but its not like I don’t enjoy this one, its similar to 4 and the special abilities are cool no complaints there. Also since I had everything maxed out in 4 its nice to be able to work toward leveling up again in 5.

Versus has always been the same to me ill hop on and maybe I’m good maybe I’m bad but I get my games in and have fun with it. Or a buddy comes over and we have a Beers and Gears night! I will say the main thing I appreciate about GoW is that they have always given you the option to do split screen while online. Not many other games do that. I’m all about hanging out with my buddies at my house and being able to log on to the same console and play together that’s how gaming was built in my life.

But I digress I like it, I’m a long time fan since 06. I’m not much of a complainer either so ill roll with the punches the game gives me. As a casual gamer I live by the rule that I have to play an hour for every dollar ive spent on the game so in this case I am well over 60 hours for my $60 dollar purchase. #GoodInvestment

while there are many things to dislike about the game (how is it that aim assist is a thing in certian ranked games?!) this game has many things to be thankful about.

this game doesn’t have crab walking.
this game doesn’t have the ability to go through the floor and stay alive through the whole game
little things like that.

This is one of the strangest Gears lists I have EVER seen…
Gears 5 BETTER than Gears1/UE…What!?

It changes depending on my mood. But I find Escape much more entertaining than G1 MP.

Gears1/UE is imo still the best Gears despite being a bit rough and having not that much content but the CORE game mechanics are still by far the best of all Gears games!
2nd. Best Gears would be Gears3… Overall GREAT package of a game.
And only after that it depends on my mood how to rank the other Gears games…
But to each his own I guess

3 Likes

Different backgrounds on game menu upon launch

Kill Cam: sometimes I’m like how to did I die? Then I shut up

Tour of Duty, some will say it’s a grind, I don’t plus I work at least 12 hours a day, accumulated earnings with others in squad not so rewards are counted if team mate gets kills, assists,etc

Graphics of course

Ability to join Horde games right away and not wait until wave is finished like in Gears 4

Escape : Nice new mode, not that long to complete the hives

Arcade: Nice Way to have Quickplay fun

Marks: having different marks is good when you squad up, easier to identify opponents by telling teammate the mark

Expressions : sometimes being squad up with ransoms , I use expressions to tell them to flank, group up, etc, also good to show off for MVP win, also be used in other modes too

New Social Bar & Honor System: quickly join friend squad and vice versa, more XP with pals

From Last Title Update : anyone that has Boost , also get double star on active tour objectives for duration that Boost is there

Map Buiilder: Even though many don’t use , motel of my squad members introduced me to it , I’ve played their maps and I’m working on my own and others, nice way to get community more involved with map types

Gears 5 is still a much better game than Ghost Recon: Breakpoint! :upside_down_face:

Let me put it this way. The only two things I don’t like about gears 5 is the community of horde players that open lobbies just to manipulate the entire gameplay and the fact that the game has to many game modes and difficulties.

Let’s start with the horde slavers as I like to call them. They force players to play their way and if not they kick them out. Donate! don’t buy anything cause I can get it cheaper! listen, we are playing in master. . . I need to upgrade my character before I can kill anything moving so no I wont donate for now. See me back in wave 20 to 30. Also yes I will buy a machinegun no matter if it’s expensive cause I am buying it with my money not the money on the fabricator. I want to have kills too and if I ask you for a machinegun Tom, Tom you are the one getting the kills. This cry babies are so annoying.

When I host a lobby as engineer I let everyone do what they feel it’s necessary. I didn’t buy the game for them. Eventually they will donate. I build everything for me first. My machinegun, my dummie, my fence and I take it from there. If people ask me why aren’t you fixing or upgrading my locker or machinegun. I say cause I barely have money to fill or fix my equipment. If you want me to upgrade and fix your stuff then you are gonna have to donate and I’ll gladly do it. But, if you want to continue to go solo we can do that too. Simple.

The last thing I hate about gears 5 is that it has too many game modes and difficulties. It kills the game slowly. It really doesn’t help to have that much. Cause it splits the community.

Other than that the game is AWESOME!!!

So your only complaints are that people are playing the game a way you don’t like, and there are too many modes?

… ladies and gentlemen… I am speechless.

2 Likes

The best ranking system in gaming!

1 Like

The roadie animation when holding a pistol or frag and RAAM’s laughter.

Your problem is that you are one of the people I am talking about and got you triggered. I want people to play the game how they want. Do NOT tell me how to play the game. Big difference. I let everyone play how they want. You don’t. What I said bothers you cause you are that dictator kicking everyone out of your lobby cause they don’t play your way and no I do NOT like it.

1 Like

Too bad, I’m free to do that.

I run tight master lobbies, that’s my prerogative.

I also run fun-do whatever you want go crazy lobbies when it’s not MASTER.

I guess you’ll just have to put up with it won’t ya?

1 Like

I have my ways to deal with people like you. Are you slow or you think you are the only one that can run a lobby? I see a tittle with “donate!, do this or that” and I don’t go in like many others that are tired of it. Now, it is ok to find your friends and work as a team, I get that, don’t get me wrong. But, don’t do that to strangers you don’t know. Anyway, Moving on. Not gonna get into a debate about something as silly as this.

1 Like

I have my ways of dealing with people like you who refuse to engage in teamwork. “It’s my power, i’ll donate at 20”
Nah, you’ll get kicked at wave 2. Lol, anyways, I don’t title my lobbies donate or anything.

I agree with you though, host your own, that’s the way to go. Good on you for taking the mature way out instead of playing victim. Glad you took responsibility for your own experience.

1 Like

I thought of a few more.

Not playing Gears 5 is great fun and really easy to do.

Rubbernecking the colossal car crash that is Gears 5 is comedy gold.

Gears 5 can be deleted from HDs in a matter of seconds.

Gears 5 doesn’t stealth guff and run.

Gears 5 doesn’t knock my beer over and finish my jar of Habanero scratchings!

Umm…that’s your lot.

1 Like