Ruby Scion Challenge Question

In the latest dev post https://gearsofwar.com/fr-fr/community/whatsup-june28-2018 it says that the 6000 kills challenge works " whether that’s in Social, Ranked Play or Co-Op vs Bots."

So far i have played 3 games , one in ranked KOTH and 2 in coop vs bots for a total of around 100 kills , however i don’t see any progress in the achievement which should have reached 1% by now , that make me think the coop vs bots kills may not count even tho the dev post says otherwise.

6000 kills in 3 months for a game i barely play anymore is a lot so i wanted to speed up the process by doing some of the kills in coop vs bots but i wont waste my time if it actually doesn’t work…

It’s only ranked you might have misread or TC might have made a mistake but only ranked kills count and i believe it takes 60 kills to make 1%

Currently it is only ranked, I am not sure if they’re looking to make it available on all modes but it would be quite stupid and not challenging, playing against bots takes no skills and it is easy to get high amounts of kills, on ranked it is different and more challenging then against bots obviously. Otherwise they might as well hand the skin out to everyone since they don’t want to earn it properly.

1 Like

Agreed sporting the Rubyscion should make you feel and look like a badass

1 Like

Exactly! The diamond one will make you feel the same as well but so far I prefer the ruby one since the red matches the theme of the swarm side.

1 Like

Subbed to your channel btw good content

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate that a lot.

1 Like

Nice Montages

1 Like

They didn’t misread. TC scrrwed up and they even acknowledged it.

2 Likes

We should be able to play what we want. Some of us have lives to live. Not sit on our ■■■ all day n play. If that’s the case they should just make this game available to those who…sit on there ■■■ all day.

This is alot. I wonder what kinda law suits there will be cuz the coalition is making ppl work so hard for this. Ppl gonna have seizures

You need to chill man, unless someone is coherecing you with violence to get this one skin, there is really no need to have a seizure about not getting it.

And tbf, it doesn’t take that long to get that many skills in ranked if you, you know, git gud

2 Likes

I suppose that’s the whole point. I don’t object to the time and effort it takes, but I have massive qualms about the way TC released this challenge after fans were told the requirements were X but it turned out to be Y, with no prior warning or explanation. Even their explanation now sounds very disingenuous. Either way for now this is how it is. If you average 2-3 KOTH matches per day you should be fine. From day one it worked out around 67 kills per day (assuming you did this consistently every day). I’m personally up to 20% already and I’m not much of a PVP player and am average at best (mostly played Horde).

Might Have made a mistake? Stop giving them the benefit of the doubt already…You’re so pro TC it sounds like you work for them…they even said they practically screwed up releasing the challenge and they can’t fix it to how it was supposed to be

2 Likes

I am glad that its ranked only. I already have around 36%. Mostly playing KOTH

1 Like

Not necessarily, it is quite easy to get 6000 kills by October 1st even if you don’t play all day. The challenge is aimed to test someone’s skill hence why it is called a challenge.

Law suits? Lmao

Just trying to look at it from all angles man :slightly_frowning_face: plus doesn’t it feel a little bit more rewarding to get Ranked kills over 50 kill Bot Games

1 Like

Yeah exactly, I wouldn’t feel like I earned it properly, just like Griffin, I forget that I even did the challenge to get him it was that easy.

1 Like

Agreed i want the RubyScion to be a memorable character that shows that a player is experienced without even having to see if they re uped or not