Gears Forums

RTX, what's the verdict on crashes? (PC, nvidia)

(Rundan) #21

I always leave frames unlimited with G-sync on and I have no studdering, screen tearing, or delay at all.

(III EnVii III) #22

Well, I’m hoping a single RTX Ti can run the MP maxed out at 120FPS :crossed_fingers:

(Rundan) #23

When I had a single 2080Ti I could get around 120-130 FPS at ultra settings. If you lower the settings to High then it shoots up to around 160fps. So there’s something in the settings that’s extremely tasking when turned to ultra.
Might be ambient occlusion.

I also left anti aliasing at x16 which is not necessary at 4K. So I wouldn’t worry about getting 120 FPS. It’s very capable.

(III EnVii III) #24

I guess with G-Sync it won’t matter as long as I’m mostly 120fps.

I remember when I tried Ambient Occlusion in Burnout Paradise years ago when I had SLi 8800 GTX - it absolutely crippled my system :joy:

(Rundan) #25

Ya with G sync on I don’t notice any screen tearing, stuttering, artifacts, or increased response time. It’s the way to go. I mean, it better be for a $2000 monitor.

I am disappointed display port 1.4 can’t push HDR passed 98Hz. As far as not getting the full color spectrum at 144hz I don’t notice a difference from SDR (120Hz). So I guess I don’t care. Other than that I don’t have any complaints.

(III EnVii III) #26

I’ll pull trigger in the new year :+1:

(GreatWhiteShark) #27

Lmao… RNG crash system. Bruhhh I’m DEADDD.

(A1rT3cH) #28

Hello all,

I am getting a lot of crashes with 1080. One reason why I do not play ranked is because of the crashes.

Airtech

Have a nice day!

(w BLad3R) #29

i have same crashes w 1070ti, the coalition does nothing. I have bad pool caller crash(Blue Screen)

(The Storm boot) #30

yeah its not fixed @TC_Octus and @TC_Vectes just neglect the issue now and no longer acknowledge their pc communities

(III EnVii III) #31

Just checking,

Was this at 4K?

I’m hoping to get 144 consistent at 1440p.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #32

Won’t speak for him but I’m only pushing my 2080 to 55% at 1440/144 with a mix of settings (I feel some of the effects degrade the multiplayer experience so I turn them down). I get periodic drops below 144 but it’s my cpu (9600k at 4.8ghz on all cores) that’s hitting the ceiling most of the time. In the benchmark I’m around 60% cpu bound but because multiplayer doesn’t use heavy effects, I’m pretty much entirely cpu bound now. I’m about to go from 2666 to 3200 ram to see if it helps the cpu keep up and avoid any drops below 144.

Glad this thread got bumped because I wanted to report back. I think it’s been about a week with the 2080 and it’s been fantastic. No crashes. I don’t even think about my gpu now because it’s no longer holding me back. And, it’s running literally silent when I play Gears.

(III EnVii III) #33

Wow sounds good.

I went for the ASUS PG279Q in the end until the PG35VQ is out.

Going to run it at 165 Hz but cap Gears in game to 144Hz.

Hopefully run it in Ultra.

I’ll probably end up making a quick video showcasing it.

Screen arrives Friday :raised_hands:

(Me0wMix CatFood) #34

Awesome. I have essentially the same screen but the Acer version. Bought the PG279Q but mine had issues so I had to return it. The XB271HU I got is the same 1440/165 panel though. You should be able to cap Gears at 144 and OC the monitor to 150Hz for a beautiful gsync experience.

(III EnVii III) #35

That’s the exact plan :sunglasses:

150 Hz and then 144 Hz in game :raised_hands:

(III EnVii III) #36

In the Nvidia Control Panel, for:

“Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames”

What are your settings?

I know setting it to “1” provides lowest latency but this can apparently cause stuttering sometimes?

Currently mine is set to the default application setting.

Thoughts?

@Me0wMix_CatFood @Rundan @GhostofDelta2

(GhostofDelta2) #37

Haven’t had a chance to even install my new card yet unfortunately. Will keep you posted when I can.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #38

I’ve kept mine at 1 but I think that might be a mistake as gsync handles its business without latency and, TBH, having pre-rendered frames at times when it’s necessary is better than hitching and tearing.

I was running in-game vsync on my 60fps OLED and it really wasn’t all that bad compared to having jerky fps, which was making me entirely ineffective as a sniper. If you’re like me and find hiccups in the display to be unnerving, go for fluidity.

I’m glad you brought it up as I’ve been meaning to shift my max pre-render to 2 because I think it’ll help in those times when the system needs a slight buffer for whatever reason. I don’t think it’ll add any real latency or interrupt normal gsync. Will let you know how it goes.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #39

By the way, FWIW, a mild overclock on my cpu has really helped a ton. After getting the 2080, the cpu was constantly hitting a ceiling because I was not gpu bound and cpu bound fps is NOT as acceptable as when your gpu hits 100%. With the cpu, everything locks up. When friends would join the party and I’d get a Windows notification, my game would stutter and be unplayable for a sec. Now, that extra boost ensures I’m not going to get momentarily frozen in a ranked match due to Windows background stuff.

(Rundan) #40

That was 4K at 100% resolution on Ultra settings