Gears Forums

Retire the boomshot?

(Kitten Britchez) #61

True—drop is a tough one for flying objects. I found myself switching to boom a lot. I think soldier with all the rifle cards and sniper are better for those personally. Assault rifle accuracy is actually an impressive card when maxed out. I was surprised what I could do with a full blown lancer damage build last I tried.

I haven’t played much horde in a while—I don’t have a one X yet so switching from 60 FPS in versus to 30 in horde is always super annoying for me especially when I want to be sniper.

(HayMaker304) #62

I found that I use the torque bow. I know it’s not as effective but some damage is better than no damage lol

@BChaps figures the one time with a maxed out rifle build soldier are impressive AF to be honest. I don’t use accuracy but use mag capacity. I’m still putting DPS down range just maybe get a little wild lol

(Kitten Britchez) #63

BChaps videos were unreal. Too bad TC kept making his work obsolete.

Try accuracy maxed out. It’s essentially like a damage boost card for enemies cross map. Lancer hits like a HB and they die faster. Increased magazine size is a must as well. I used both.

Active reload boost
Assault rifle damage
Assault rifle magazine
Assault rifle accuracy
Cover boost

Those 5 maxed make the best rifle build IMO. You can get a lot of damage on stuff.

(UltraMagnetic96) #64

Personally, I don’t use marked damage because I tend to land most of my shots with the dropshot without a problem. Berserker and explosive launcher damage do enough damage for me. Explosive launcher damage, explosive launcher capacity, berserker, last stand, and thick skin are my cards for heavy class.

(Omen LP) #65

Lol, these are ok on their own, nothing spectacular, but the amazing thing is, these all happened in THE SAME GAME!! It took the enemy team a VERY long time to LEARN!! But then they would always send at least 2 to camp around Boom, so I wasn’t able to get it anymore… Still, got 3… Ok, I am a bit of a jerk for the taunting after each one, just having fun…

Clip #1:

Clip #2

Clip #3

(Redfox888) #66

I think the should make it friendly fire that way people might be a little better about trying not to use it to get one kill when there whole team is right there to get the guy. Use it to take out 2 or 3 that are triing to push to close together. Too many times I have seen it wasted to get one kill and then the guy dies and his team gets blown to bits triing to get it back.