Reporting players

Recently I’ve been dealing with players who seem to report everyone for no reason at all.
Like eg I’ve been playing koth and out of the blue get a message from one of the players on the opposing team saying that he/she reported me for cheating. While in reality it was clear that that player was either a noob or a complete potato who didn’t have a clue how to play koth.
Or in another instance I’ve been helping out my friend to master The Last Stand in Escape and we get this player who ( when asked to wait for venom - cuz we have a plan and want to play smart, not just run) just simply ignores and does his own thing. So we left. 2 seconds later I get a message from him that he reported me.

I mean WTF is wrong with people? Reporting players right and left. Is this a new trend?

1 Like

You’re fine. Luckily Xbox actually investigates claims… If it was purely a numbers thing, I’d have been F***ed a long time ago from people who are just salty after getting slapped. Just ignore and move on, or if you’re like me and enjoy a bit of spice with your salt, you can reply back with a clown emoji or heart.

1 Like

Not a new trend. It’s been like that since the implementation of the rep system. If you get to the point where you’re in the yellow or red zone, just boot up a game that allows you to play with a high number of players at once, like an MMO or battle royale game. You’ll see you meter go back to green in no time.

2 Likes

Never had this problem but that’s a nice to know!

1 Like

During the early days of Gears 3, I got reported so much Xbox wouldn’t let me sign back on to XBL till I changed my GT. Apparently this was my punishment for “tampering and cheating”.

And thus, KeepItBacon was lost forever.

But yeah, no, this sh*t goes way back man. Some people are just so salty about you crushing em they report you. Absolutely pathetic.

2 Likes

8 reports for your gamertag? The salt is real.

I bet those messages you got reported for were the clown or smile emojis you sent too :rofl:

The amount of cheating reports… Damn. I think gears has the most sore loser player mentality out of every game in existence.

2 Likes

Lol. Mine looks similar, I get messages calling me a noob for playing the objective lol, I don’t reply though, I report the message as spam or harassment, whichever is relevant and move on. Perhaps I’ll try the emoji thing, get my popularity up :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the new generation.

Have a look at this:

I have absolutely no doubt that 99% of people these days could not handle that, and that example is mild. So many snowflakes, so little time.

6 Likes

Damn. Reported for GT?.. That’s insane… smh

2 Likes

Yup. Some gamertags deserve reporting but I had 7 against mine at one point. Some players are salty and report anything just because, sad really.

1 Like

I agree that some GTs deserve to be reported. But in this guy’s case what’s wrong with KeepItBacon? Unless people hate bacon? Lol
I have a friend whose GT was Sexual Acrobat. Damn he got reported for it so much in the first few days he had to change it.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with KeepItBacon or Sexual Acrobat imo. What I mean is some players rage and just report anything because you beat them. They actually don’t have a valid reason so they pick GT.

About your first post, you wrote about players messaging you and stating they reported you. I would suggest you don’t reply but take a minute to report it and comment on it, it’s goading a player.

Those types of messages are designed to get you to reply in order to report you, I would take that opportunity to appropriately report them and then block them, and hopefully they get their just rewards.

2 Likes

That’s been my tactics - just ignore and block. But my hands been itchy to reply and give them a piece of my mind.

1 Like

I’ve been itching too, but I’ll not lower myself to their level, it’s really hard when that it can’t be scratched though. Sometimes you just want to let rip.

2 Likes

Watched…funny as🤣

1 Like

@GB6_Kazuya The best after match trash talk I’ve ever heard. This guy is a real wordsmith…

I wish I had recorded the entire match because it was so… Weird.

Low quality cus it’s only the audio that matters. A full minute of genius material.

2 Likes

The losse’s losers lost losses losses?

What? :joy:

Can’t say I’ve heard that before, Alice :joy:

2 Likes