Replace the Enforcer with the Hammerburst

Ok, So everyone seems to be hating on the Enforcer lately. I personally don’t care one way or another about the Enforcer. But I do think Gears could use a more diverse game-play.
So, why not bring back the Hammerburst, and then take away the Enforcer?
I really don’t understand how the Hammerburst got taken away before the Enforcer in the first place. The Hammerburst is a far more balanced gun the the Enforcer anyway.
And, the worst thing that could happen with the Hammer is spawn trapping, which already happens with Laners anyway.

Unless it’s just Gnashers exclusively, there will always be crybabies. I say stuff them. I support the return of the Hammerburst as a starting weapon. If it makes these whingers cry, then great.

3 Likes

Completely agree. I think a lot of people just have a way they want to play, and whenever then encounter players who play differently, they don’t know what to do. So they say the guns are faulty and get TC to remove them. Just ridiculous.

Precisely. I mean, it’s a co-op/team-based cover based shooter and always has been. While I appreciate that some players like to play at a fast pace where the ethos is very much wall-bounce and run-and-gun with the Gnasher out, if your opponents start countering it using different guns, then it may be time for you to adapt a bit too. But I guess it’s hard for some of these tryhards to accept that maybe they’re not as good as they think! :wink:

1 Like

I really just want to use the sawed off in this game. That Golden Gun always reminds me of it. Good old days.

2 Likes

Completely agree, if you cannot counter weapons other than the gnasher / lancer then its pretty clear people arent good as they claim they are.

But even if its just gnasher only, people will still find a way to complain i.e i hit my oppoenent but they didnt die etc etc

1 Like

They should simply just bring back the Hammerburst. It’s a disgrace how long it’s been away. I don’t really care about the Enforcer, it’s easy to defeat. I’ve used the Hammerburst since Gears 2…the Lancer is just not the same.

1 Like

I agree that it should just come back. I was just think of a compromise with people who thought the Hammerburst was too powerful.

1 Like

I know. I never found it difficult to counter, it all depends on your perspective. I’ve seen the Lancer being ridiculously powerful in many situations.

1 Like

I agree. And I honestly would prefer a counter option to the Lancer rather then the Gnasher.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind the hammerburst came back into starting weapons. I think its great right now with its power as a pick up weapon. If it was to be brought back I think it needs to be nerfed just a little

1 Like

Maybe just a tad, to keep the peace. As long as it comes back.

■■■■ there was nothing wrong with either in the first place

2 Likes

Enforcer provides an answer to a gnasher close range. Take that away and close quarters engagements literally only have one option. Hammer doesn’t make gameplay more diverse IMO. It’s just a more powerful Lance. Enforcer actually does alter your play. I’m 100% for keeping it part of your starting weapons. Put Hammer back for all I care, but don’t take Enforcer away. The ones crying that they can’t overcome this starting weapon are the ones that blindly rush with a shotty out and have on strategy or value for their life.

2 Likes

Imo they should bring it back but remove the headshot bonus (or reduce it) and give the bullet spread more so it loses effectiveness at ranges. That was it’s true issue. While intended to be a ranged gun, it was TOO effective at range. So a team using would dominate. Giving it a wider bullet spread will still keep it strong and all, but less effective at long ranges.

1 Like