Remove frag ring from Icebound's KOTH

That central ring is waaaaay worse than Gridlock’s Boom ring. We always play for just “don’t let them cap it”. No one caps it or keeps it capped, assuming the teams are even close to competent… It is a HUGE time waster… It serves nothing… Seriously… Remove it. Completely…

And, here’s an idea - the ice side rings - move them inside! You know, to where the boltoks spawn…

Then it will be an interesting map…

Look, I like lancer as much as anyone, the LP in my gt stands for Lancer Pusy, but even I think the central part of the map is just ridiculous…

That central ring, we literally just wait it out, before we move on… We don’t cap it, we don’t let them cap it - it’s totally useless…

2 Likes

The centre ring in District seems to be just as bad, the thing that really annoys me is the awful ring rotations. For example on Asylum the ring goes from the centre to the snipe… it might as well not move

More like Gridlock’s frag ring honestly. At least with the Boom ring you had some cover on either side.

Good thing all the maps cater to the lancer with irritating vantage points over a majority of the hills

Use smokes

Lol, use smokes to do what? If the whole team coordinates and uses smokes they might be able to cap it for 2 seconds, then the other team throws a smoke, breaks it, back to stalemate…

If either team gets more than 5 points out of that ring it means the teams were not equally matches, and/or both weren’t semi competent

Just yesterday i had a game on icebound and no one could capture that ring until it moved. Literally no points to either team. Just nothing but OP lancers to keep everyone out. I’ve never had that happen in the years I’ve played gears till that moment.