Remove crossplay compleatly. Its gotten effing ridiculous

I’ve been playing Gears on PC for a couple years now, and I’ve only ever come across 1 cheater that I can recall back on Gears 4. Gears 5’s anti cheat is working as intended

3 Likes

Maybe but I’ll bet alot of these hackers didn’t even have jobs to begin with an spend 24/7 breaking these systems wide open, it’s very lucrative

What input lag? You mean from the servers TC use?

Idk the economics in Hacks, but I know it’s popular to see ethical hacks (Hackers that are paid to try and find holes in security systems).

Yea, you can retire in a few years if you’re really good at it and help the big boys like Google an apple, they pay 6figure sums for the biggest security holes found an fixed

1 Like

Probably the best discussion about input lag on here.

You mean the cheating “Aim Assist” every console player has that should absolutely never be in ranked play! Wall hacks? Like that crazy fast wall bounce console players were doing that you couldn’t do with a keyboard and mouse? Or the cheating bullet magnetism console players have that curve around walls? The console is a cheat!

It’s actually worse on mobile platforms for the games that allow mobile crossplay.

Not sure if Gears will ever make the jump.

The input lag will depend on if you get linked with a server close by you. And what kind of internet service you have making the link. Not playing a PC player or not!

That’s a different kind of lag.

Controllers have input lag.

A TV has some lag compared to a monitor.

2 Likes

Then buy a monitor. Free up lag as much as you can.

In gears 4 you could pretty much mitigate the input delays built into the game by turning v-sync off.
At least that’s what the pc players on this forum were advising.
Don’t know how this pans out in g5. But I would assume there is something similar, unless tc specfically went out of there way to stop it this time.

I agree. It’s an option.

I prefer to play on a TV. I spend too much time in front of a monitor otherwise.

Not really arguing. Was just pointing out the difference in server lag and input lag.

1 Like

All syncs help will smoothing picture quality it will give you slight lag. But they are options. Adjust it accordingly.

Yea. That’s true. Tv on average is 20 to 30ms. Best get a monitor. Especially is you buy the new console. Or you will be wasting your time and money.

We can’t turn them off on xbox. Adjust what?
The delays were just built in from a console point of view.

Anway just pointing out this is what most people are referring to when they say pc has less input delay.

Stop crying and play ranked. It cracks me up when people cry about social.

You go on like PC players have an army of advantages…only a skilled player can use kbm to an extent where they are advantaged over a controller using player, especially in gears. The few out there that have a super good screen so they can up the refresh rate get a small advantage too, but it’s so small it’s not really worth worrying about. It’s really not a big deal.

2 Likes

It is sweaty, I wish it wasn’t, but that’s the way that gaming has gone over the last 15 years. Social doesn’t mean social anymore, it just means you don’t have a visible rank at the end. Matchmaking parameters will probably be inputted to ensure there aren’t blowout matches.

As you say yourself, its much harder to relax and play differently, when you go into a TDM game and everyone is crossing.

But that’s more a complaint of where gaming as a whole has gone in the last 10 years rather than a complaint on the game.

1 Like

This right here.

Call of Duty is proof of this. None of the games, including the older ones, play the same anymore. The community has taken on this play style that camping is great and run with it. The developers can do whatever they want to stop this behavior but it’ll never be effective.

Gears is a sweat fest. No way around it. You either enjoy this or you move on to something new. As of now, I still enjoy the gameplay of Gears and Halo so I stick with them. If I ever become bored with both (along with Forza) and/or the community turns it into a play style I don’t enjoy that’ll be it for gaming for me.

1 Like

this,.

console players want a competitive game with a dumb controller and a 20f input lag 4k tv in their living room

competitive people bought lagless equipment starting the x360
pro players in some other fps play in 4:3 because there’s advantage against 16:9

gears is better with a pc
I’m glad to see more and more people making the switch everyday, top casters are making the switch as we speak
this will force consoles to step up as well as whiny kids to whom I suggest to turn crossplay off for the modes that allow it

if you want to keep things casual just go play arcade, fire your abilities and lancer people down

1 Like