Remove Controle out of Ranked!

There was not one single reason to replace KOTH (a fan favorite for YEARS on end) with is trash game mode. Absolutely no reason to be replaced. Anyone who disagrees either have only played 5 or has not been playing gears competitively for some time, if not at all. Genuinely disappointed in some of the decisions TC is making with these outrageous changed without having anything to fall back on if it goes to ■■■■.

15 Likes

It’s not that bad bruh. Def a bit different. Needs some tweaks too. Shouldn’t be 1 round. N the ring needs a slight time to cap I think.

2 Likes

It’s horrible, end of story

8 Likes

I posted on this same topic. Lets see how long it is before TC ‘hears us’ or gets the message

seeing how they put in all these other modes, including 5v5 guardian. i really do think that we will see koth return with 5v5 at some point. TC doesn’t seem to be as stubborn anymore with the game on its last legs.

now, here’s the question, which will people play more? control 4v4 or koth 5v5? will be the ultimate what TC thinks vs what the community wants

I think Control is a better mode, but it’s more frustrating than KOTH with randoms. I don’t think people understand how the respawn system works. They just charge at the hill like it’s KOTH without making sure they have anyone else with them.

7 Likes

Controle is nothing like KOTH

7 Likes

Agreed Control is just Blitz V2.0
And this gamemode is good only one reason it’s teaching New players to play ring , and it’s not Competitive gamemode at all , it belongs to social .

3 Likes

I mean, it’s Koth with a big ring.

3 Likes

but in KOTH you had to capture the ring/stand in it for a few seconds to get the ring in Control you just stand in it and you have captured it.

Same with Breaking the ring, KOTH you had to stand in it for a bit to break it, in Control you just walk into it and its broke.

2 Likes

Yes…?

@TC_Clown

This is correct.

Not really. The meta is still the same: push power weapons; push ring; hold ring; rotate. Nothing has changed with the basics.

9 Likes

It’s nothing like KOTH, sorry bud

2 Likes

I just explained how it is basically koth.

3 Likes

Why do you even bother?

1 Like

I agree squire, King was the main reason I played.

Control Is pure trash

3 Likes

It was literally 85 to 90% of my entire game time, warmup with TDM or public matches and then KOTH all day. Totally myopic and disconnected decision, like what the hell are they thinking. Control ≠ KOTH

2 Likes

Dude, it’s nothing like KOTH. There’s a bigger ring and stuff! Huge difference! lol

4 Likes

Escalation is just like KOTH! It’s just two more rings and stuff!

3 Likes