Gears Forums

Remove all the shot delays in gears 5

why are there delays from when i come off from roadie run, and bounce or do anything really to shooting my shotgun. what does me doing anything have anything to do from when i can pull the trigger from gun?.. my finger is always on my gun no matter what im doing so it makes no sense to have any delays. whether it be aiming or doing anything else…

It occurs in the following scenarios

—During the aiming sequence (shooting your gun should be prioritized over aiming and should cancel out the aiming sequence when the trigger is pulled, or registered to the zoomed degree of which the zooming sequence had progressed

—Coming off roadie run

—Blind firing in cover

—Probably more you guys know about and should share

2 Likes

The same delays they added into Gears 2 to help casual players and because Rod Ferguson didn’t want gears to play online like it did. He wanted a tactical based shooter like COD/Rainbow six and it never materialised thank god.

But fully agree they need to stop dumbing down the game for casual players and aiding players with ■■■■ pings.

1 Like

Delays are horrible, I agree, need to go…

Just frustrating when you pull the trigger and your character does nothing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You guys will say delays are horrible until you actually see them removed and see how cancerous the game becomes. I was once a proponent of this too. Then I saw how broken the movement became in Gears 4 when they removed delays on that.

It’s really to keep BS out of the game and it’s a good thing. There are way too many BS kills that already happen. Removing delays will make it worse.

The most annoying delay I find is when you slide up to a wall, the delay to blind fire your shotgun around a corner takes forever.

But, if you left trigger and shoot, you can fire immediately…

Blind firing is where amazing players could gain immense skill over the average player.

1 Like

One reason I got bored of the game mechanics was sluggish shot delays and all the wonky stuff I don’t have to deal with in other games. Was really, really hoping they were going to improve this.
Still holding out some hope.

1 Like

This 1000% i get killed so often becuase my character just wont blind fire while hes on cover… its even worse when you slide in and the game starts flipping your view making you totally unable to shoot for like 3 straight seconds

1 Like

I was late starting Gears 4, and my immediate reaction to this delayed blind fire around a corner was like “What? Why can’t I shoot?”.

Then after watching some YouTube tutorials on Gears 4 gameplay etc. (and putting more hours in), I realized… “Oh… I have to left trigger shoot for the fast shots.”

Same goes for shooting over barriers/sandbags etc.

YES PLEASE REMOVE ALL THE SHOT DELAYS

and if possible… revert back to GEARS 1 MOVEMENT

I’d like to try it and see if its better without shot delays but my initial thoughts are to get rid of it entirely.

1 Like

Not surprised so many of you feel the same way it just makes no sense because in real life theres no reason to have any delays on your shots… your finger is always on the trigger…

Anytime you pull the trigger your gun should instantly go off…

But in gears of war there are some distinct times your gun CLEARLY doesn’t go off;

—During the aiming sequence (shooting your gun should be prioritized over aiming and should cancel out the aiming sequence when the trigger is pulled, or register to the zoomed degree of which the sequence had progressed

—Coming off roadie run

—Blind firing in cover

—Probably more you guys know about and should share

Strafing ng in gears 1 was deadly and 70% of my skill vanished from this delay stuff… roady strafe shots were the best.

Yea absolutely man the more realistic and grungy and instant response the game is the more attractive and engaging it becomes…

TBH removing delays wouldn’t change much because this and the next game are on dedicated servers the removing the delay will affect players with worse connections more than it currently is. Reason the older games don’t work good like that because they were peer to peer for networking.

again thats not any reason not to remove it from the game mechanics. i understand its one thing if the connections are forcing you to have delays, but its another thing when its in the game mechanic it self…