Relic weapons on new Horde maps

I haven’t been on the forum much lately so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but has anyone else found Relic weapons on the new maps?

I was playing my very 1st game of Atrium, I think it was Atrium, and while wandering the map I found a Relic Embar.

It loaded super slow but it pretty much 1 shot killed any enemy with a headshot, on Inconceivable wave 10+ no less, and I wasn’t even playing a class that gets a buff with an Embar or critical damage.

Has anyone else found these? Or found different ones in Horde? I know they originate in Escape but it was a really cool find.

Unexpected, nice job TC!

3 Likes

On Atrium there are 3 closed doors at the spawn that will open sometime during the game.
Behind those doors are 3 level 4 lockers and a bunch of Relic Weapons :
OverKill
Embar
Dropshot
Boomshot
Claw
Gnasher
Retro Lancer

That’s as far as I remember.

1 Like

They’re only on Atrium as of now, for Horde. New addition in Op 7.

And those three doors near where the fab is? They open up and contain different Relic weapons.

1 Like

It’s a cool addition. I’d love to see random relic weapons added to far flung corners of regular maps. Spice stuff up.

I grabbed the Relic Embar but I’m so used to the timing of the normal one that I spent half the game releasing my finger through muscle memory before the shot was charged.

1 Like

Like I said in the Daily Horde Thread before, it’s the Strongest Weapon in Gears 5.