Recognized a forum member in game, post here

(Duffman GB) #70

@R_SW1PE
Cheers mate. Taken on board. We did at least go on a 3-0 win against some low to mid level Onyx players.
I understand what you are saying re gib range, will try and do as you say. Probably my biggest failing.
The strange thing is I can play some blinders with 60+ kills and 20+ rings in one match (against good opposition, not Diamond though to be honest) and then play terrible in the very next match and come in last.
All a learning curve. Although I have been Gears since day 1, it was nearly always campaign and Horde. This is the most invested I have been in multiplayer. I will (might!) get better.
The highest I have reached is Onyx 1 in Hill, I would take that now :rofl:

(R SW1PE) #71

Ahhh I thought you had been playing multiplayer since back then as well as the way you play is a lot like a typical Gears 1 player. The inconsistency probably comes with your style of play. The way I play, even if I’m not doing particularly well, I’m still racking up the points.

Just try and get into good habits and you’ll find you start doing it naturally without even thinking after a while.

(Duffman GB) #72

You still may have a point. I did play the previous games (no more than a handful of games on the original mind) and actually I did play a lot of Hill on UE, although that is a completely different beast.
I’m sure we will play again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

(Aziz XXCOOLXX) #73

I Remmaber I played horde with Mendigo2005 twice and Ektope once, Duffman GB once too ^^

(Mayhem64) #74

Duff and I randomly ended up on the same side in a game of KotH a couple of weeks back. Came first, Duff second, although it was a tough win.

(mendigo2005) #75

@Belkain

(Belkain) #76

Hell of a sniper, good job man.

Shame the engineer and the scout decided to leave at the same time after wave 20.

(mendigo2005) #77

Yeah, they messed up from wave zero… If they have any achievement on those 2 classes, I’ll put my feedback.

You got some great Guardian kills by dropshot, those are tough!

(mendigo2005) #78

@UltraMagnetic96

What an engineer…

(UltraMagnetic96) #79

I accidentally rolled towards the carrier when I tried to use the team revive, but yeah that engineer was something lol

(mendigo2005) #80

I hate that card, but public Boss Rush seems impractical without it.

(R SW1PE) #81

Let me set the scene…

I was playing KOTH with my two Onyx friends and had two randoms on my team who I didn’t recognise. I recognised 4 of the gamertags on the opposite team and knew there was a good chance they were a 5 stack. It’s Raven Down so my tactic was to sit back and put damage on them at distance and hope my teammates could clean up the kills, thinking that we would get overrun otherwise.

Mid round 1 somebody from the other team puts a message in gamechat, think his gamertag was @III_EnVii_III or something like that. It said “r swipe cant do anything besides lancer” or words to that effect. I looked at the scoreboard and I was doing badly, I had a lot of downs but lowest kills and lowest caps.

After that I mixed it up and started playing my usual game. I went from the bottom of the losing team at the end of round 1 to the top of the winning team at the end of the match with MVP & Smooth Op.

Thanks for the words of advice Envi, almost forgot I had a Gnasher there. I couldn’t have done it without you. :joy:

(III EnVii III) #82

Haha you got carried so hard by Giorgino :joy: - without him you would have stayed bottom with 13 kills :rofl:

Beat you a dozen times easily and my team always wide mouthed your a Diamond, you remember those spankings when you don’t get carried? Next time I’ll start screenshotting them for you and make sure I post here because I’ll be that sad I’ll need to show and tell everyone :laughing:

And just FYI - my team asked me to type that because I couldn’t care less what you use or how you play but they couldn’t believe someone would be glued to their lancer on Raven Down :+1: - and you forgot to mention I was top of my team, if it wasn’t for that D3 on your team, it would be 2-0 instead of 2-1 to us.

Next time Rs W1PE :+1:

(Duffman GB) #83

Boys I think the only way to settle is a 1v1 in old style Gears way. Please put it on twitch/mixer :+1::rofl:

(R SW1PE) #84
  1. He was a Diamond 1, the same rank that I was that match. I don’t see how you can say he carried me when I had more points than him and we (me and him) had a similar number of kills and caps at the end of the match. He made me look bad in the first round but I more than made up for it in the end.

2. I don’t care what rank I am, if I did I would play in a stacked team and be an even higher ranked Diamond. But I must be doing something right considering I’ve been a Diamond every season. It might have something to do with me getting MVP every 6 out of 10 matches, ~4400 ranked MVPs.

3. I’m sorry your teammates get offended at somebody using anything other than the Gnasher. Yet when you started losing, you and one of them start trying to cheese us with the Enforcer so what’s the difference?

4. At least two of your teammates had keyboards plugged in, keep trying to pass the buck.

5. I’ve got no problem admitting your team usually win. What you don’t seem to grasp is that you are in a 5 stack communicating whilst playing against randoms not communicating. Then what usually happens is you’re in gamechat at the end of the match typing things like “EZ” and other such delights. I suppose your teammates make you type those messages too. :sweat_smile:

You don’t like me showing you up but you fail to realise it’s your own actions which show yourself up.

(GhostofDelta2) #85

Please keep in mind this thread is for recognizing people, not a thread to argue with each other.

Well done on coming from behind and getting MVP :slight_smile:

(Me0wMix CatFood) #86

Thank you. The game is the place to battle.

(III EnVii III) #87

I think there’s a forum member I recognised, Giorgino, played him on Raven Down, a D3 - man he was such a carry, or has he not been around here?

He dropped 60 Kills when I was the next highest at ~45 & ended up losing 2-1 because of him.

Either way, can’t win them all :joy:

Although,

@DJ_NME saw you play with the two Duttys and IronLynnimal - recognised your tag from the forums :+1:

(Doctor Nillo) #88

I look Giorgino too, in my team and in front of too. Good player

(III EnVii III) #89

He is very good, especially when it comes to carrying less skilled players and being the difference in getting his team the win :+1:

You are also good Doctor Nillo :blush: