Recent Lag + Inconsistencies + Sponging - Is It The Servers or Players? - TC Please Read!

(Krylon Blue) #271

Yeah, I’m not necessarily saying he’s a bad player. He appeared to be sponging a lot to start but then again we started to tear him up once we got warmed up. At that moment he spiked his ping and entered god mode which was beyond ridiculous. I guess he couldn’t handle the fact we were bout to win a man short.

With his ping I assume he was in the USA but he kept writing in the chat in Spanish. “Jajajaja”. Like come on now… he legit speaks Spanish but the problem is he’s a ping manipulator that’s not as good as his rank suggests. Diamond? Sure, but not D5.

(Hells 666 Viper) #272

man and i thought the same thing in the last 2 months the game has turned into a ( s-show) its been getting worst, iven been playing since day one i have a 1.66 kd in ranked and im in onyx class all around, and now i get alot of players with pings ranging from 60 to 1000 my ping is steady at 9 and i have been getting blasted after putting a full lancer clip or 3 to 6 gnasher shots into players and no go, im at the point that i dont even want to play anymore…if gow 5 turns into this garbage then they can keep it on the shelf

(Me0wMix CatFood) #273

Had one last night on Raven (that map ALWAYS lags for me) where I could not get shots to land. It’s one of those where the sponging was so blatant and bad that I knew right away I could be worthless to the team. These guys weren’t even great players, but I’d go to counter their moves and they would either sponge, or I’d be dead before the screen even showed them to into the move. So frustrating when you can read what a player is going to do but you are helpless to stop it because the connection screws you every time and rather than watch them slide into an up-A, they just teleport and you’re dead.

(Krylon Blue) #274

I have the same issue on Raven Down. I also notice the pings are even higher on that map but I realize it’s luck of the draw in regards to the players I’m paired against. It’s frustrating because it’s such a close quarter map that Gnashers dominate and of course those don’t work worth a damn against a 100ms player.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #275

I thought I was the only one. My ping is always high on that map and some BS always happens. I got teleported into my own nade once. I do well in close quarters fights, like church, top barn, tower in Forged, etc. But, I swear I’m always handicapped on Raven. Could be coincidence but I’m going to see if I can reinstall that map in case mine is glitched because it seems too frequent to be chance for me.

(Krylon Blue) #276

I don’t notice my ping being any higher but the enemies tend to be higher. I generally see players with 200ms and above with some large spikes which as you’d imagine would create a very unstable environment for lower pings given how the lag compensation works in this game.

(Krylon Blue) #277

Did this update do something to movement? It’s more likely the extreme lag was causing a ton input delays but tonight was the worst I’ve seen in a very long time. If the games going to continue playing this poorly I’m done because there’s no reason a 123ms ping gets MVP when he’s being shot by multiple people. Sponging is real and I’m fed up with it. I played 15 matches of Halo MCC with no lag whatsoever but I had lag in all 5 matches of Gears tonight.

This is a joke.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #278

This game is a hot dumpster fire today. I’ve gone 11 matches without a loss but I feel miserable from the stress.

Edit; make that 12. I am sooooo tired of enemies teleporting, or me teleporting into open areas for no reason. The sponging is insane. It’s a lancer kinda night.

(Krylon Blue) #279

I used a Lancer today and after I downed him he killed me with a Gnasher from a absurd distance and it said I did 99% in 14 hits.

I’ve never in my life survived 13 hits of a Lancer.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #280

I’ve seen bad stuff on this game but never like this. Even opponents are complaining, blaming my team for being “high ping Mexicans”. We’re all in different states and usually have between 5 and 35 but the servers have us all over the place.

The lag is making terrible tension and we’re arguing. Just got 13th straight win of the evening and my wife’s checking on me, “Honey, you ok? I hear a lot of raging…”
This game… :smile:

(Krylon Blue) #281

I’ll tell you this - tonight was enough for me to take a break. My friends hate when I rage but I just can’t help myself. I admit it’s annoying to hear it but it’s very difficult for me to bite my tongue after all the nonsense I’ve had to deal with lately. I’ll have Super Smash Brothers Ultimate on Friday so hopefully I can just avoid this broken mess of a game. Every match I’m placed into has an inconsistent Mexican connection and they’re always talking smack like they’re actually good. They’re just sponging and causing lag issues in my end which is unheard of in any other game.

(Krylon Blue) #282

Given how this game absolutely loves to suck you into chainsaws like a vacuum I can’t help but wonder why this game allowed this player to avoid not one but two chainsaws. Yes, we set up that way on purpose but apparently you can’t chainsaw an enemy doing a beat down and they have invincibility afterwards?

(III EnVii III) #283

Clearly biased against you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Krylon Blue) #284

I guess so.

I’ve been chainsawed from 4x that distance before yet they just roll away from it as if nothing is happening. My friend and I were in disbelief.

Regardless though I got my revenge for my friend.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #285

So lagged last night I;

-Flanked 2 enemies to finish a clutch only to be teleported IN FRONT of them.

-Saw an enemy run toward nades, instantly flip the other direction before he got there and run away with the nades.

-Saw an enemy run THROUGH me while I had the chainsaw revved.

-Watched a friend send Embar shot after Embar shot through the head of a player with buzz kill with no damage done (he was streaming so several people got to watch this).

Those were just special bonuses on top of the ol familiar sponging, teleporting, and unresponsive controls when I get near high ping enemies.

(Krylon Blue) #286

I basically had the exact same experience last night. There’s no sense of flanking enemies if you’re just going to teleport into them. Oh, and don’t get me started on enemies shooting me while they’re supposed to be stunned from a smoke grenade. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

(Me0wMix CatFood) #287

There’s some major packet loss at the server. I’m having to shoot 6 times for a 3 shot down because literally half my shots aren’t registering when the lag hits.

SEVERAL times I was in cover and was either teleported out of cover by the lag or my character suddenly stood up.
Emptied 2 lancer mags in a guy and it did nothing even though my reticle was highlighted red the whole time I was aiming at him and he was in cover not moving.

TWICE my friend got the glitch I’ve been getting where the gun keeps firing and won’t stop until it’s empty.

TC remains either oblivious or unconcerned.

(III EnVii III) #288

Hearing the sound of the gun firing and no bullet really annoys me!

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #289

Wow…I was planning to play this weekend…might have to rethink that…

(III EnVii III) #290

I’ve not been on since Sunday so will see what its like later today.