Really? Not a execution Mode in ranked?

Why the complaints… Gears1 had it right with the server browser. Allowing people to have their freedom of play styles and rules. Who remembers no active reload lobbies…no lancer allowed lobbies…

1 Like

Terribly saddened they removed the one gametype that really kept me playing the game. I don’t want to be constantly running around the whole time, the break between rounds while being able to watch my teammates was nice.

1 Like

Gears 5 has a server browser, execution lives guys

That sounds super scrubby.

TC has decided it’s cool to spit in the face of the fans that kept Gears alive to give us this hot mess that is Gears 5. They’re catering to new players and streamers aswell as Esports lancer scrubs with Gears 5. They gave us Gears Judgment 2.0 with Gears 5 and nobody cares cause all the noobs love it.

2 Likes

It’s flavor of the week for the noobs and streamers. They’ll be done with this game in the next 48 hours.

And then there will be the usual main stayers complaining about all the stupid changes that will get worse while The Coalition attempts to fleece us with Microtransactions and the promise of fixing things.

1 Like

Execution is one of the best game modes in gears. Everyone knows that, it has always been in ranked throughout the gears franchise. Put that, wingman, and search and destroy or capture the flag in ranked and make the kids happy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am glad, I never really liked Execution or Warzone (non-respawning gametypes in general).

Exactly bro Execution wasn’t dead, misinformation to push Escalation down our throats

1 Like

Rankeds need a not respawn Mode … Execution back please.

I ■■■■■■■ love execution it’s the only thing I played for the life cycle of gears 4. Would really appreciate to see it return.

2 Likes

Amen. TDM sucks. Execution IS Gears.

1 Like
  • guardián… + Execution in ranked

Execution is back now! Now we just need war zone back xD.

For real though I wouldn’t mind seeing WZ return as well. Like others have said, the elimination modes are what got me hooked on Gears mp. WZ specifically is what helped me establish solid foundation and work through a big part of the steep learning curve and get up to speed to play gears decently, and enjoy multiplayer. Warzone/Execution were one of the unique things to OG gears it’s sad to see it fall by the wayside (though I think there has been a decline in these playlist populations since gears 3).

Also, let’s do what we can to keep up the player population! I always preferred warzone over execution, but I’m open to play execution more. Hopefully the population will be stable, I read somewhere on the forums that since execution wasn’t planned as part of the original ranked playlists in this game, it wouldn’t count toward certain TOD medals which could be an issue for some player retention (esp. new players) considering how much grinding TOD will likely require, but that is its own separate topic. I’m just mentioning it so that people are aware of that caveat with Execution being added (at least for the current TOD).