Really? Not a execution Mode in ranked?

Whst happend here! Not execution Mode in ranked… Wtf

5 Likes

TC noted that Execution was by a long margin the lowest ranked playlist in Gears 4 and decided to keep it in as a private option.

4 Likes

OMG… Maybe the comunity is lowest too? Rip gears

1 Like

I doubt that is the case. Espescially with gamepass now making Gears a very affordable option for people.

3 Likes

Just because a mode is dead doesnt mean the game is

1 Like

For that , execution mode in gears 5 need to be added

3 Likes

Can we start a tally of how many people saying the game is dead on launch day? I’m at like 3 so far…

2 Likes

I think it’s sad too but it’s just the way of the times I guess. People enjoy dying too much and they get bored when they have to wait a whole round before they can run off and die again.

Maybe they’ll bring it back as a special event or a temporary ranked playlist?

The moment TDM was brought in.

That was the nail in the coffin.

Patience is a lost art in Gears MP

8 Likes

Funny how they ditch Execution but keep Arms Race and revamped it

5 Likes

#4 @gigidyimonaboat

3 Likes

You mean a game mode that TC and Epic has been actively trying to push out of the game since Gears 3, a game mode that directly competes for an already non-existent ranked population with a game type that TC promotes and makes their pro mode doesn’t have a strong player base? Gee who would’ve thought. After all this time looks like they finally got their wish. It’s a shame though.

3 Likes

I feel like there are too many variables to explain why execution had such a low population. The fact that it’s essentially locked behind comp tuning and doesn’t appear in social isn’t help any.

I don’t really care for the mode but it’s a huge part of the series and to see it casually phased out is disappointing to say the least.

4 Likes

what are you people talking about? we finally get a server browser again…thats going to make Execution and Guardian the top 2 game modes all over again… having Execution in Ranked only on UE & G4 killed execution…

Citation needed

1 Like

The lowest played mode is not going to RIP Gears.

1 Like

It’s not even technically launch day yet hahah

Truthfully I wish there was an elimination game type. That was what got me hooked on Gears. Truthfully in gow4 I mostly played KoTH, but there’s a different feeling of elimination game types that don’t exist in other modes and I’ll be sad they aren’t there. That said, I’ll get it over it quick because I haven’t played them much recently anyway.

couldn’t agree more … tdm was the worst thing introduced to gears. tdm ruined other game modes and now the only focus is on respawn modes so all the kiddies can spawn run out die respawn run out die about 50 times a game

patience is a lost art in life lol not just gears

1 Like

I like TDM, but I do feel like elimination game types are the soul of gears, what always set the game apart. That said, if TC has all the data on how many people are playing in a playlist and there’s just a couple hundred people playing, I’d get why they did it. I know it would take me several minutes to find a match in execution, and I would frequently give up and go play dodgeball or something.

1 Like