Re Up Rewards! Wuuut

Yea i have mentioned this before there is a ring around your number but it does showing in voting loonies just a few seconds before the match starts you don’t even know who is re up and who isnt they really need to get this fixed showing your re up emblem at all times

If you want actual content, you’ll find that in the shop or locked behind the unreasonable tour of duty system. Otherwise…I’m surprised you get anything at all for actually just enjoying the game lol

1 Like

Funny how sketchy some of the opinions are. Standards so low in life they carry it to Gears. Hell no. They should place an entire weapon set behind the re-ups. It’s not rocket science. It’s customer satisfaction 101.

1 Like

Just hit re up 3 this morning.
Re up 2 was a desert camo for that semi auto pistol and Re up 3 is a desert camo for the enforcer

1 Like

Just hit re-up 1 today and a friend of mine did the other day where he had a brown circle around his number which looked quite cool. But for some reason this does not appear - seems like this is a glitch or something. It would be hilarious if they would want us to re-up 20 times while making us look like a guy who just started the game… What a bummer for now though

It is a glitch. Octus has stated it is meant to show up in more places than it currently is.

So We Will Have Something That Will Differ Us From Level Ones?

That is the plan. Currently it does show up at very limited points, has a giant circle around your number and a roman numberal saying what reup you are currently (3 in my case).

Appreciate the reply and clarification. As long as they are aware of the bug it’s great.

1 Like

I get what you saying and agree. However when you achieve a re up you expect something exciting after all the grind not a blood spray or a skin. And especially now people think im a noob as i am rank 2 :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

But how…how did they get this wrong at this stage…re ups been in the game since Gears 3…how would they fail so hard on this. Can such stupidity be done on purpose? Honestly Im more upset theres no indication of change in the rank.

3 Likes

This was obviously thought up by someone who has no idea about this game , probably a suit sitting in an office , but I don’t want to go into a game looking like a noob so I be playing it anymore.

3 Likes

I have a gut wrenching feeling that TC is going to retroactively release updates granting unlockable content and rewards for re-ups and what not. Leveling up in Gears5 is waaayyyyy too easy compared to games past. Like way too easy. You can’t even compare it to Gears past. At the end of the day I play to play because I love the game; I’m competitive and enjoy the campaign. I do agree we could have some spicier unlockable content but sit tight because there’s updates to come and TC will probably drop content on you that will auto-unlock from player progress.

3 Likes

Remind me again what ReUpping in previous gears awarded you as I dont recall anything besides a changed emblem!? . Some of these complaints seem so trivial, If you dont want to re up then dont it dosent affect you and you can still show the world how awesome you are with your high level!

1 Like

I just hit Re-Up one and thought it might have been a bug that I have no updated rank change. I look like I’m level 4 with no way to tell the difference. Also, a blood spray as a reward, what a ■■■■■■■ joke.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see, that there’s so much work with new stuffs and experiment with the ways of gaming in Gears 5. But Rly maaaan… this is not Fortnite! Bsprays? Emotes? Theese marks? Maybe the marks have some meaning in a pro team… But still weak stuff to work hard for.
Also my opinion is that gears have a deeper or more serous tone. Theese stuffs just idiotize the game to a spoilt kid level. Funny to see the mvp players character as it’s doing this hype dance stuff. But this is a pain to see a drone dancin’… Or marcus or else… As I know, the planet is dying, and the old mortal enemy just showed up again to almost exterminate the surface people… And they are hype dancing… Courious about when the Naruto run comes as a New idiotic emote to wreck the colour of Gears…
And the re-up… Hope the Coalition recognize the problem, cuz’ re up ranks in Gears 4 for exaple are showed your overall experience in the game. And also the rewards were so fine.
I’ve grinded a lot in 4 and the 3 elite pack were a real admire for the compassion.
As i played in a New team in a random, I saw what can I expect from the other players as I looked on their ranks.
I didn’t cared about skins ever… They are looking good and gladly that’s all. To be rewarded W a skin after re-up, its hilarious. Think I’ll never be motivated to reach re-up max or whatever in Gears 5. It looks like a bunch of nothing… Just for now…

2 Likes

I was dissapointed by the re-up rewards. At least throw in some iron/scrap or something

2 Likes

My sentiment exactly. Played every gears since 1. They went so PC with the ranking system and banner system is gone. Nothing to show your skill or dedication. Should be renamed “gears of participation trophies” at this point. Games been on my mind almost every day for a year since the first trailer release. Been out a week and I’m extremely displeased and disappointed. “Open world aspects” of campaign were a complete joke too, here drive this windsail for an hour like a chicken with your head cutoff (even with the map). Dont even get me started with the fact everyone has perma-aimbot. I really hope Tc fixes this trainwreck.

2 Likes

Just got an email back from Gears Support Team. They are working on the reup icons not being present. (also working on chapters in campaign not regestering completion)

2 Likes

It’s better to stay at level 100 :joy:

1 Like