Ranking is still terrible

More than 6 months has passed. 6 MONTHS. Teammate drops out of the game before the first round even starts and the game doesn’t end immediately??? Seriously??? So we play 7 rounds and lose all of them. But I lose lose 500 points at the end??? Why??? Is it my fault teammate left??? Like literally a bunch of kids would have figured out how to fix the rankings by now but you haven’t. The funny thing is this is Microsoft right, so these devs are probably chosen after 10 technical interviews and they still can’t figure out how to fix the rankings after 2 Geasrs games and 6 months after the launch.

It feels like you are begging your players to go play some other game.

4 Likes

They’re re-building from the ground up so once they release the new ranking system it’ll be broken also

16 Likes

I actually have it on good authority they’re starting from ground level and heading down this time

3 Likes

is king of the hill good to reach master rank or team death match

Guardian is the best. But I would say neither is better than the other.

2 Likes

but no rank guardian

Their gonna spend all this time probably over complicating the heck out of a ranking system just to have it come out probably worse than this one.

TC is out of their league. They should not be making a gears game.

2 Likes

I mean it’s over complicated as it is. They need to simplify it and make it more performance based than w/l.

Also I don’t think they are out of their league more as they are trying to do way too much.

4 Likes

Exactly. But to your original question the better one would be the one you like better, if you’re wondering from a skills standpoint which one is better to be a master in? that is another one to be debated

They seem to be getting too granular. Not sure what happened from 4 to 5 with the ranking system, but right now 4 was doing it better.

Personally I wasn’t a fan of 4s either. I get screwed regardless of what game it is lol. Just ask @AliceInChainsaw @TC_Clown or others that played with me. Im on TCs blacklist for ranked. No matter how good I play I’ll never be able to get out of Onyx 3

1 Like

I had the same problem except mine was silver three, it was so weird to win so much and go up so little, just to take one loss that put you further down than when you started

2 Likes

from gold 1 to sliver 3

1 Like

@ll_R_E_D_l

Try again after they redo the whole rank system… Maybe 6 months from now? Lol I dunno when

3 Likes

Go back to Leaderboards! This Tier system blows!

7 Likes

Lose one game and go down 1600 points.
Win the next and go up 88 points.
Lose a game a day later because the player lost her connection twice? Go down a rank.

Play solo and lose a player? Go down both matches.
They lose a player and we win? 0 points given.

It’s like those paintings where the person just takes a bucket and throws it against the canvas

4 Likes

I have said it a lot, try not to pay attention to it and just have fun playing. But since the removal of Guardian, i have had trouble finding my happy place. I find myself focusing on all the problems with the game instead. My apologies for my frustration.

Bring Guardian back to ranked!
(86% approve of this message)

3 Likes

Do you think they’ll reset the ranks again next week? With it being so broken again.

This should not ever happen, any time I have had a person drop out prior the first round starting the lobby automatically dissolves.

Also, this “shouldn’t” be a thing either, as any match you play with a missing teammate should not count towards your ranking/tier.

I would LOVE to know what “a bunch of kids” have figured out that TC hasn’t yet. As if any of us are privy to the coding, calculations and curves used to determine placement behind the scenes.

agreed.

had my best game ever last night with 76 eliminations it seem to be clicking i was the second higest performer and walked away with a meeker 256 pts.

the game before 65 elimantions and-2 pts WTF

I am capping, downing crossing and supporting ugh

maybe they should puplish a PTS matrix so we know exacly where to gian pts and play to that.

I am asking that today on the developer stream.