Random frame rate drops on pc

The game randomly drops to suddenly low frames for split seconds then goes back to normal. gears 4 didn’t have this issue hope they fix this for full game

Seems like an optimization issue i think this will be resolved once nvidia releases a driver for the game.

1 Like

That certainly will help, but we also have no idea what the OPs specs and settings are as they didn’t mention those details. Nor What average and low end frames.

Gears 5 will almost certainly be more taxing than Gears 4. How much remains to be seen.

It would be much much more helpful if you posted the kinds of details I mention above. I presume you are talking about with versus rather than bootcamp.

2 Likes

Yea, if you use anything to check performance while in-game, like I was using the Game Bar’s performance bar to check CPU/GPU/RAM usage, I saw the GPU was staying at 61% most the time, then many games later it finally went to the low 70%s, and goes nowhere near the 80%s-90%s, so there’s that also.

1 Like

I just know that my CPU had times where it was throttling at 100% which was never the case in Gears 4, but i agree game is going to be more demanding at equal settings.

2 Likes

Running a Titan xp,32gb ram ,6800k 4.2 ghz run gears 4 max settings fine no lag just this game randomly dips
run the game max settings get stable 60fps for 99% of the game but for split second drops to say 35fps then back to stable 60

2 Likes

What resolution?

And this is in versus? Do you notice anything when the frame dips occur? Eg tons of bodies onscreen ,explosion effects etc?

1 Like

Play at 4k doesn’t feel like frame rate drop more like a quick stutter and happens probably once a match. It’s annoying when In a firefight on the benchmark everything is stable runs smooth too.
I’m sure it’s not a major issue that can be fixed after game goes gold with some drivers only a tech test atm.

1 Like