Ran Out Of Iron?

So I’m genuinely curious as to what one is supposed to do when you run out of the iron they gave you. I don’t wanna buy it, but I also can’t even progress in the tour of duty without it. It costs Iron just to change the challenge, sometimes even when you’ve already completed it :expressionless:.

You should get like 250-300 Iron every time you get MVP or something. I don’t like being finessed into spending money.

1 Like

Completed objectives refresh daily. You also get a free reroll daily. You don’t need to spend iron.

8 Likes

It costs Scrap to change the daily objectives, not Iron.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

That isn’t true.

13 Likes

The first change is free, so you get 4 challenges a day for free.

You don’t need to spend Iron to finish the tour of duty in 3 months.

4 Likes

Iron is the premium currency that should not pass it out like candy whether you agree with the prices or not. There is nothing in the game that it is vital to spend iron on. You dont need to use iron to complete the tour of duty its been proven mathematically multiple times that it’s quite doable without it if you put the time in which is also is also debatable whether you agree with the time investment needed. The store sells cosmetics for iron that are just cosmetics you dont need them to play the game and future heroes that offer unique skills in horde and escape or unique loadouts will all be unlockable in none time sensitive manners or for those who cant be bothered with unlocking things purchased to unlock instantly but that will be a choice not a requirement like it is a choice to refresh tour of duty objectives or buy cosmetics from the store.

3 Likes

The objectives are basically “dailies”, and refresh every day. The Iron cost is if you want to roll new ones right away rather than waiting - which is actually an option I think shouldn’t be in the game, but it is what it is.

3 Likes

Huh? Iron is for the store purchases. Scrap is different right?

Yes. It also costs Iron to re-roll daily objectives past your first one.

4 Likes

Scrap is used to upgrade skills in Horde or Escape and can be used to craft some of the customisation items.

Iron is used for store purchases and rerolling daily challenges beyond the first free reroll.

3 Likes

What he is saying @Bleeding_Pepper is that we can save our hard earned real world money and spend it on beer versus daily objectives. This sounds like a win all around :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Christ I only just realised! I thought rerolling objectives used Scrap!

5 Likes

Iron is a joke in gears, Using real money just to get 1 stars objectives for 50 iron 4 times in row :unamused::unamused: really hope they fix this.

3 Likes

First re roll is 0 iron, the second is 10 iron, third reroll is 20… so just add 10 iron every new re roll.
100 iron is 1$
And that’s 4 re-rolls
10+20+30+40
Notcountimg the free one

Put your character to mine when AFK.

1 Like

Don’t spend Iron to reroll objectives them accumulate it and use it to buy a customization set you like instead, the Tour of Duty is perfectly doable without rerolling the objectives past the free one and it’s not like there’s anything after General anyway so rerolling just gets you to the end faster where everything past that is just wasted.

1 Like

What he said. I have ten ranks left in tour of dury, maybe spent 100 iron total. And no, I don’t play all day, either.

Yea but those ten ranks need just as much stars as every rank you’ve gone through so far.

Its about 50% more.